Washington-Seattle
Options

Nope. Don't think so!

I read this blog post showing pictures of the "new wedding tent" - an enormous Tipi.  Apparently in England they're starting to use these instead of wedding tents.  The blogger thinks this is the new thing ppl in the U.S. will be doing.

Um, no.  No, I don't think so.  Here, Tipis have ... well, let's just say a different cultural connection and history than in England.  I don't see that trend catching fire.  Do you?

Re: Nope. Don't think so!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL. The next trend in England: instead of a live band, minstrel shows! Sure to be a hit in the US!

Okay, now I'm definitely going to h-e-double hockey sticks.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_nope-dont-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:2160f6ea-d9a0-4ec6-b17f-0c6ee2c09575Post:b5b25497-50ca-4651-8a92-053ffc3439a3">Re: Nope. Don't think so!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL. The next trend in England: instead of a live band, minstrel shows! Sure to be a hit in the US! Posted by niq24601[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  Um, yeah, gotta agree with you both.  I guess to me, it just seems sort of a mockery of a Native American tradition.  Am I the only one who feels that way?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no, tygirl i feel that way too. def not 'catching fire' here....
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    dawnies79dawnies79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhhh...yeah I don't think so either. I'm pretty sure this could be offensive here in the U.S. I have friends in the Tulalip tribe and I highly doubt they would have appreciated showing up to my wedding and seeing a tipi tent. Surprised LOL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's totally not gonna work over here in the good ol' US of A. Apparently the British have forgotten how many natives they killed...
    I think it would only work if it was and Native American using a tipi. But for someone else to use it to make there wedding look "different" that's just rude.
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See?  That's exactly what I was thinking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://seattle.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_nope-dont-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:2160f6ea-d9a0-4ec6-b17f-0c6ee2c09575Post:00a50b1a-7e41-49ad-9c4e-2dc21600306f">Re: Nope. Don't think so!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's totally not gonna work over here in the good ol' US of A. Apparently the British have forgotten how many natives they killed... I think it would only work if it was and Native American using a tipi. But for someone else to use it to make there wedding look "different" that's just rude.
    Posted by sjlarobadiere[/QUOTE]

This. Plus, we further smushed them off their land, disregarded treaties, etc (don't get me started...).
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah....no.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to post a comment in reply to the blog post.  We'll see if they leave it up, shall we?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards