African American Weddings

*****TYYYYYBOOOOOYYYYYDDDD!!!*****

HAHAHAHA! Sorry I was bored when I put that title. Figure Id give everyone a little chuckle or eyebrow lift. 

Sorry to bother you but I went to Joann's today and debated between covering the round cardboxes with fabric or acrylic paint.  I figured fabric might be a bit expensive and I wasnt sure if I would know what I was doing.  Sooooo because you encouraged me Im going the acrylic route.  Now I saw so many different types of paint so Im really lost on which I should use.  Saw some 'Joann brand' for 0.59 which matched a color I needed.  Should I get that or is there another brand or should I go to Michaels for paint?

Thank you for tips and advice!!!!
image139 Made the list!
image 107 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are getting on my nerves!

Re: *****TYYYYYBOOOOOYYYYYDDDD!!!*****

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHAT UP?! lol. You will be happy you went the acrylic paint route! It's really easy! I have 2 different brands of paint I've used, both from Michael's. One is Delta Creative, the other is Craft Smart. Both were very inexpensive... like less than $1. {Well, I have a BIG jar of one that was more.} I think the Joann's brand should be good. Depending on how many boxes will be covered with one color, you can probably get away with just a 2fl oz bottle. But if you'll be using a lot, get the 8fl oz bottle.

Oh, guess what?! People have received their invitations TODAY and they were just mailed YESTERDAY!!! I'm hype! Now... if they would start RSVP'n!!! {The 2 in my counter thing are my mom and brother! LOL!}
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang thats really good that people already received their invites.  Hopefully the few that had it mailed get it tomorrow.  I did the same thing you did when it came to the counter.  I out myself, FI, my parents and siblings initially and BP.  So officially only 5 people have actually RSVP'd which is annoying as heck.

Thanks for the heads up on the paint.  Ill swing by Michaels and Joann's this weekend after work, I forgot my coupons so I couldnt get it today.
    image139 Made the list!
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    LOL! I'm not about to play with you and the coupons... but take FI so he can use one, too! And bring a BM, just in case.

Oww, I should count Babe and I and the BP, too! But I might count them twice on accident.
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's not here so I cant take him with me.  Ill probably have a jacket and sunglasses in the car so I can go in twice.  I wish I had a second person I could take with me.
    image139 Made the list!
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I forgot he's not there. My ooops! Girl, I have 4 Michael's within a 10-15 mile radius of my house. So, I can easily go to 3 in one day! lol. BUT I usually just take Babe with me. Maybe you should go once in the morning and once in the evening. They won't know.
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish. They are not close at all. Each Mishael is about 30 minutes away from me so I only go there when Im in the area or on the road.  But Ill figure something out.  Hopefully they dont realize its me.
    image139 Made the list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards