Washington-Seattle

Weekend Confessions

Confess here!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Weekend Confessions

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in an emo mood.  My manager requested a meeting with me yesterday to tell me that I don't smile enough and I don't greet every person when they come in and/or leave the office.  I was also told that I don't send enough emails, that I should send several emails each day for every project with EVERY step/progress I make.  Then she told me that if I wasn't happy with the job anymore, I should give her a month's notice of when I want to look for another job.  This is coming from out of nowhere imo, I've been working my butt off for the company for over 2 years, taking on more and more projects and not getting a single raise and/or job title change.  Am I supposed to be some fake Stepford Wife type of bimbo at the front desk?  I am given projects that a HR assistant would have, but my manager doesn't have money in her budget to add another HR assistant, so I've been picking up the slack.

If you remember a couple of weeks ago, on Friday Rant & Rave I was talking about being overworked & underpaid, well I feel like I've been slapped in the face.  I have taken on so many additional projects and do so much more than any other Admin that I know (that is in the same pay scale as me), I have a freaking Corporate Credit Card for f*cks sake!

I feel so depressed, which sucks butt since it's so beautiful out.  If you know of any Admin jobs for $15+/hr in the Seatte (or Eastside) I would appreciate a PM.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't it Admin Appreciation Week? .......

wtf.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wonder if she's jealous because you have a happy personal life.  It does sound like she's trying to make you quit.  Make you sure you document everything (I learned that the hard way). 

I had a manager who did the same to me; got upset b/c I didn't stop what I was doing or put whoever was on the phone on hold to say good morning to her.  Also got the "you aren't smiling enough" which everyone who knows me thought was a joke.  I too am job hunting and will let you know if I see anything that fits for you. 

I know it's hard, but try and get outside and at least sit in the sun and remind yourself it's just a job and not the source of your happiness (but I know how it hurts).  Think Hawaii..... 
    edited December 2011
    kinmir30 & Sharingourlove:  Thank you for your responses, they've helped me get less bummed out. Sending you interwebz hugs Laughing 

I'm trying to enjoy Easter weekend.  And then just be as fake smiley as possible at work and be extra fake sweet to my manager and her manager.  I don't think I can give my "month notice" for another 6 months due to finances, I'll need unemployment (which I won't be able to get if I give notice) or a job ASAP (which is definitely not a given due to the current job market) if I gave up at work now. 

Happy Easter weekend everyone, I hope you enjoy this beautiful weather!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    edited December 2011
    kinmir30:  According to my calendar "Administrative Professionals Day" on Wednesday, April 27th.  I doubt I'll get anything though, which is fine by me, because there have been some pretty awesome registry gifts that have arrived this week!  And wedding presents > work presents, always Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mgoss-- I'm so sorry.  I'm in a similar situation at my job and it sucks big time.  I didn't get a raise this year--even though I worked my butt off doing a million other people's jobs that are way beyond my job description and work a ton of OT--they told me at the time no one was getting them, but I've heard from several coworkers they got decent raises.n  Ouch :(   I am in the same boat as you, how are you supposed to be happy at work when no one gives you any respect or credit for all the work you do???  *Sigh*  It also sucks because obviously for all of us, this is not the ideal time to find a new job while we are planning our weddings!!!!  

I'm also sad because one of my fellow "admin" workers usually makes a big deal about admin weeks and gets us surprises, but he got laid off awhile ago, so this year it will probably go unnoticed :(
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sharingourlove-- sorry and hugs to you too, it sounds like there are a lot of us who are underappreciated and underpaid!   Thanks for the advice on keeping the honeymoon in sight, it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards