African American Weddings

'STUFF'....What to do with it all after the wedding?!?!

So, our wedding was in August. We had all the little extra details that I so had to have and thought I would die without. Now, the wedding is over and STUFF has taken over our house. Some of the things we've been able to use.

For example, our custom card box sits in our guest room on the dresser. We kept it b/c all of the cards are still in there and maybe one day we'll read through them again. Plus, we built the color scheme of that room around our wedding colors, so the box matches the room.

Our custom aisle runner is in the process of being cut and framed. DH's sister owns an art gallery and framing shop, so she's going to cut the monogram from the runner and frame it so we can display it in our home.

But there are still other things I just can't bring myself to part with. For example, our seating chart. It was so pretty! But what am I really going to do with a seating chart with
all of our guests names on it?? It sits rolled up b/c we took it out of the frame and I don't want to part with it after spending a pretty penny on it.

We also have bathroom baskets, oversized ring boxes that were used as centerpeices during cocktail hour, table names, and lots of other things taking up space...but I just can't bring myself to part with.

I'm not sure if this is a vent, rant, or request for advice....But what have you ladies done with all of the 'stuff' after your wedding...or what are you planning on doing with it all?

**Sorry for no paragraphs, this was typed in word...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 'STUFF'....What to do with it all after the wedding?!?!

• I'm not sure exactly what to to tell you to do since you've become attached to different things from your day.  I'm sure I will as well due to most of it will be done by me but I am thinking off hanging certain things in our guestroom, while others will be put into storage. 

Also, I have a friend that is getting married in December and some items are either going to be given to her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• I think it is a good idea to keep wedding items to give away to friends & family  later, but if you must make room....CRAIG"S LIST!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • That's cute to frame what you can.  Other things you could sell, like the baskets and ring holder, centerpieces.  Unless people have the same wedding colors/theme/look you had they won't need them or they may want to buy their own stuff too.

I still have one one box left of stuff after I sold a ton of it.  I wanted to keep more but we are short on storage space so things had to go, glad I got rid of most of it though.  I only kept the letters off the cardbox to be used in a shadowbox soon. 
  • You sound like you should make some scrapbooks or shadow boxes. Keep one of everything and then cleanse!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I'll either sell it or trash it. I'm not buying a lot of the small things for that reason. I rented out center pieces and most decor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • I'm still in the process of trying to sell all the "stuff" from our October wedding. I didnt do a lot of (read: none) DIY items, but all the extra stuff I bought instead of renting e.g. linens, chargers etc, I'm selling them. If I had to do it all over, I would rent everything. We're planning a move soon and I don't want to have to pack all the unneccessary wedding stuff with us to the new house.

I'm sure you have pictures of everything - I would give it away or sell it. Then again, I'm not that sentimental :) I just want my space back!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_stuffwhat-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:dda47da2-f994-4015-8fb4-340fdf734f19Post:5b3aa45b-cb0f-4f50-85b0-1bfd804da8f2">Re: 'STUFF'....What to do with it all after the wedding?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still in the process of trying to sell all the "stuff" from our October wedding. I didnt do a lot of (read: none) DIY items, but all the extra stuff I bought instead of renting e.g. linens, chargers etc, I'm selling them. If I had to do it all over, I would rent everything. We're planning a move soon and I don't want to have to pack all the unneccessary wedding stuff with us to the new house. I'm sure you have pictures of everything - I would give it away or sell it. Then again, I'm not that sentimental :) I just want my space back!
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

<div>and I was going to buy your linens and chargers until I thought about ... "what the hell will I do with them after May 12?" </div><div>
    </div><div>LOL</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards