African American Weddings

Tuesday Tips

This was covered before I believe but its been quite some time so lets go at it again.

What are some beauty tips/suggestions for your wedding day? How do you stay on point?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tuesday Tips

• prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a dab of vaseline on the teeth to avoid getting lipstick on them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Primer..primer..primer!
    Oh and this stuff called Face to Face super matte to keep the shine away and keep my face on :)
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Model in a Bottle setting spray for make up
    Hair spray on veil to mold it
    blotting papers to combat shine
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that model in a bottle idea.  Where can you get that from Cincy?

Let's see....what are my tips...Don't get drunk the night before your wedding, do hair trials with your hairstylist before the wedding.  Try out different humidity proof hairstyles, and keep a lil' makeup bag handy with extra lipstick, and make sure it's somewhere that can be easily located.  I could not find my makeup bag when I needed it, so I fear that my lips looked all crusty and chapped. 
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Great point about the make up bag Tam - I didn't want to have a purse for my wedding day, but I may carry a small clutch to hold the blotting papers and lip gloss. 

You can buy Model in a Bottle on amazon.com and I think you may be able to get it in Sephora stores as well...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    IA with using blotting papers to combat shine. You can also use milk of magnesia for that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesday-tips-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fa2d8391-8cea-4ed8-942f-b457c3a25404Post:a9a3baa1-e685-4ffa-b000-c64f8ce7e42b">Re: Tuesday Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]IA with using blotting papers to combat shine. You can also use milk of magnesia for that.
    Posted by r-chelle[/QUOTE]

Milk of magnesia? For real???
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesday-tips-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:fa2d8391-8cea-4ed8-942f-b457c3a25404Post:8626c828-cb4e-42ad-86bc-e0f4dc0fb1c1">Re: Tuesday Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Tips : Milk of magnesia? For real???
    Posted by raganw[/QUOTE]
    Yup! you can apply it with a cotton pad at night before you go to sleep or even in the morning after you wash your face. It works for me =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards