Washington-Seattle
Options

Molly Terhune Wedding Scammer

***This is a re-post, but anyone currently looking for a wedding planner or coordinator should be aware of this.***

I hired Molly Terhune to be my day of coordinator, but she took my money and ran. She never showed up to a meeting we were supposed to have 2 months before the wedding, and from then on never returned any of my emails or phone calls. Futhermore, she did not show up to the wedding rehearsal nor the wedding itself, which officially means she breached our contract. I know for a fact that she is alive and well and still posing as a day of coordinator because she promptly answered my fake email from a fake bride looking for a day of coordinator. It is absolutely disgusting, and I will be hiring a lawyer to pursue this.

Please pass the word on about Molly Terhune. She may be using her married name now (Molly Daniels).

The last time I posted this, I found other vendors and brides were also scammed by her.  I am guessing they also found her in the SeattleBio where someone posted a rave review about her services.  It was probably a fake that she posted herself.

Re: Molly Terhune Wedding Scammer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! You should 'Get Jessie' to get her on King5!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of this...she signed up for a B'ham wedding in 2007 and no-showed the bride two weeks before, but I had no idea she ran a large-scale scam. She shows up on other places on the web, but I'd totally get Jesse on her butt.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The vendor review is still there. Maybe it should be taken down?

http://sites.google.com/site/seattlebio/vendor-reviews---wedding-planners
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dunno....wondering what the original Mod thinks.  Jenn?  What do you think?  Should I take it down?  I'm kind of leaning that way.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could either take it down, or add in a bold statement at the end explaining the warnings.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would keep the original up, but add in the new review OP posted, with a big warning. If you remove it, people won't know anything about her services - good OR bad.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto irish~ both good & bad should be put up.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats horrible!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, it will be added when I get to the update (hopefully SOON!!) the reviews.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tygirl!  Here is another one if you want to include it:

http://sites.google.com/site/seattlebio/vendor-reviews---knottie---dianafrenkel

Day of Coordinator –MOLLY TERHUNE (mterhune19@msn.com)
    F: What can I say, our DOC was by far the biggest disappointment of all.  Not only was she unprepared for the day, she had an assistant that did nothing but follow her around all day.  The reason for a day of coordinator is so on the day of the wedding, the bride doesn’t have to worry about anything and the coordinator deals with anything that comes up.  All day she kept bringing problems to me instead of addressing them herself. She did not have the ceremony site set up and our friends and family had to help with everything.  She did not line up the bridal party for the ceremony….the site events coordinator had to do this. She did not direct guests after the ceremony on where to go – we had to have our friends to this.  She did not have the maid of honor/ best man/ and officiant waiting when we got back from boat ride to sign the marriage license. She did not have a table ready as promised either. We had to wait for some time before someone found her, then she found them. We had to lean on the grass (me in wedding dress) to sign the certificate. She lined up the bridal party wrong for the grand entrance, so our parents were introduced incorrectly.  She did not make sure my mom was in the room when my dad gave toast as asked. She did not make sure my dad was in the room when we did our first dance, so when it was announced that it was time for father/ daughter dance, my father was not there…And the list goes  on, and on. Additionally,  during the rehearsal (to which she was late and didn’t help at all), we gave her all of the items for the next day.  We also paid her an additional $162 for vases and $250 for additional services (to make menus, signs, programs, etc).  She told us the vases came “shattered” and we did not receive the vases or a refund and she told us that “wine got spilled on the programs, some signs and the ring pillow).  No one ever saw this, but either way, the ring pillow was something borrowed and was very sentimental, I never saw it again, and she only had about 1/3 of the programs out.  Now, she has our personal vases and wont return them, wont communicate in any way.  I can’t emphasize how unprofessional she has acted and how disappointing this has been.  I would NEVER recommend her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got it.  And what day was your wedding?  Do you have other vendor reviews you'd like for me to put on the bio?
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes, that review that was pasted sounded terrible! I would be furious if a vendor acted like that. I'd be way more than disappointed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was June 28, 2009.  I posted a list of all my vendor reviews last July, but it looks like the site no longer has it.  I'd be happy to repost though.  I would recommend all of my other vendors, just not Molly Terhune!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards