• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

Parent gifts

Hi girls! Does anyone have any good ideas for parent gifts? We dont want to do a gift certificate to a restaurant even though I know this is a popular gift. Im trying to think of something creative, but with 19 days left, I think all of my creativity is burnt out! Thanks for any help!!

Re: Parent gifts

• We did a gift certificate to a place called Ceaser's Pocono Palace. its a really romantic fansy all inclusive resort fairly close by. It will be a nice little getaway for them after all they have done for us.
  • For my parents, we got them tickets to see Paul McCartney. (we are also going) I am really excited.  I also got my mom a necklace and my dad a handkerchief. He and FFIL were commenting that they were going to cry so I got each a handkerchief that says father of bride/groom and our date. For his parents I think we will get a restaurant gift certificate. and I bought his mom earrings.
  • we're going to be taking them out for dinner since we both agreed they would like to spend time with us most of all (especially his parents who are from another state).
  • We are going to get them picture books of our wedding.  These won't be done until after the wedding though.  We are also taking them to a Cirque du Soleil show while we are in Vegas.
  • We still haven't figured out what to get for FI's parents. We got my parents a $100 gift card to (John) Elway's Steakhouse, and we'll give them a photo book with our engagment and wedding pics after the wedding.
    image BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We did spa packages for our mothers and unique cufflinks for our dads personalized to their interests (motorcycles for my dad and acoustic guitars for his) A few other things I've heard of are beer-of-the-month club subscriptions, those digital picture frames that store a kajillon photos, and getaways to help unwind from wedding stress.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We got my Mom a digital frame and will send her a memory chip of wedding photos afterward.  For FI's Mom, we are getting a piece of my Dad's art.
    My Life in D.C.
    mom and me Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    August Callenge - Traveling Death Rides!

TTC Buddy to The Deaton's
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15a161.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I don't write here much, but i just got our parents gifts and thought i'd share. I got my parents a puzzle of our hometown and going to write a little thank you on the box about the memories growing up and what not. and i got my FI's parents a family tree picture because they are big on family. So each person's name is on a left, i think it's cute and different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards