Washington-Seattle
Options

Videography/cinematography

Just curious if anyone is booking a videographer/cinematographer for their wedding?  Also, if you didn't have one at your wedding, would you go back and splurge on one if you could?

Re: Videography/cinematography

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a videographer or cinematographer, and I don't regret it.  I'm not the biggest fan of the sound of my recorded voice, and the fact that technology is ALWAYS changing (I didn't want to end up with an equivalent to a VCR tape in 2 decades) were my two big reasons for not booking that kind of vendor.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as MGoss.  I didnt' book one, and sometimes I second guess this, but it was either book both a photographer and a videographer, and settle for cheaper on both, or splurge on one.  Since photos are timeless, we're spending more than we planned on for photography, but I'm confident we made the right choice.  Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired a videographer because I have family in another country that couldn't attend plus I want to know what my ceremony and reception looked like to others. You only get your perspective the day of the wedding and it goes by so fast that you miss or forget stuff that happened. I vote yes on a videographer. If you are worried about your budget being small you can hire a newer vendor, they are more affordable.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards