Interfaith Weddings

Interrracial Marriage Boards?

Is there a board for interracial couples? Maybe I just missed it..

Re: Interrracial Marriage Boards?

• 4evaurQueen4evaurQueen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I missed it too.Our theme is Loving Day & I have several ideas but I would like more.
  • edited December 2011
    What a great theme 4evaur!

I don't think their is one. Maybe there should be--it does present its own unique challenges. My Granny's reaction to our engagement was, "Well, I'm happy if you're happy." in a completely flat tone. *smh*

Awesome. /sarcasm

- Lorraine
  • rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha - our theme is "opposites attract" ('cuase I hate "East meets West" - too overdone, and 99% of the time, not well)

My paernts were cool with us - his mom was cool with us - but I haven't met his extended family - and won't until we go to China in 2011...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would love it if there was one! It makes me happy to see so many interracial couples on the various boards though.

I agree with the comment that it presents it own unique challenges. We can turn this board into one :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking for an interracial board, as well.  (And when I clicked on the link for "Cultural Wedding Boards," I was sure that I would find one.)  I suppose that The Knot thinks that interfaith is more of an issue for couples than interracial.  But that's surprising since I know tons of couples (of the same religion, but different race) that would say differently. 

My fiance and I are both interracial and interfaith, but luckily, both sides are cool with our pairing.   
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! I never posted on here before but have wondered the same thing and posted on another board about this.  Anyway, if it helps, I emailed Knottie Annie to ask her this very question. But I don't know if/when I will get a response.  It would be awesome to have this kind of board though.  
    80 said yes image
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe this could be those boards in question?

We did a simple theme of just colors - gold and burgundy...  We incorporated different ideas subtly into our ceremony and program, and in the food choices for our guests to pick out :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well...I'm glad I found all of you...I was looking for the 'board' too!!!  My FI and I are the exact same faith, have the same opinions and views about our faith and he is a blue-eyed, rugged guy from the outskirts of Portland, OR and I am a brown-eyed, dainty girl from the center of the city of Philly...NO ONE COULD BE MORE OPPOSITE...yet the same!!! 

GLAD TO MEET ALL OF YOU!!!!

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement Ladies!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • shelto12shelto12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Count me in as one who would love to have an interracial marriage board as well!

Getting married on Nov. 13, 2010!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to everyone!! Count me in as well..we're getting married 1/22/11. = )
  • edited December 2011
    I would also love to have/see that!

Europe+Japan=HELP!
  • edited December 2011
    That would be nice to see! We're getting married 5/21/11. Congrats all! =]
  • edited December 2011
    Good Idea! I hope they start one too!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally in!!  Midwestern/Scandinavian meets Bengali!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You're marrying a Bengali, too, jsleik?  (Or are you Bengali?)  Are you doing a double ceremony?  If so and you need someone to bounce ideas off of, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm American and my fiance is Bengali.  I would love someone to bounce idea off of!  Is there any way to chat offline?  We're doing 2 weddings - one in WI and one in Calcutta.  His parents are doing most of the Calcutta planning, but we have to organize friends and family to get over there!  :-)  Luckily, my fiance is a good planner and very sensible, but neither of us have been married before, so we feel  a little lost!

Thanks!!!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to all!!! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A board where topics that are unique to interracial couples could be discussed would be a breath of fresh air.  Count me in!
  • edited December 2011
    I would absolutely love to get in on an Interracial Marriage board. Why there isn't one already is beyond me!
  • edited December 2011
    Count me in as well. Very excited. We are an interracial couple having a interfaith ceremony. Jewish/Italian meets African American/Christian. We are trying to honor our traditions yet make new ones. Our date is October 15th 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    I would love an interracial forum. My FI are both Christian. I am AA with multi culture heritage from LA,CA. He is W from a small farm town in Illinois. There aren't really any specific cultural customs that my family has as far as weddings, but it would be nice to have people to share with and get advice from.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know if there any other message boards out there for interracial couples on other web sites?
  • edited December 2011
    Offbeat Bride is definitely more inclusive.  Its intercultural/mult-ethnic group is pretty awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad that you ladies have started this thread. I'm African American city non-religious/more spirtual girl marrying a Caucasian country/city Christian male and we are soooo "opposites attract" type of couple. I've been looking for anything in regards to an interracial board, books, ideas-anything for ideas for the wedding. Peace and love my brides. Glad to find you!

Cassandra
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interfaith-weddings-1_interrracial-marriage-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:429Discussion:317b299d-aa10-406f-8b57-f87f3c65ec2aPost:6ec50316-eeae-4e85-903e-9161cb13b8c6">Re: Interrracial Marriage Boards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Offbeat Bride is definitely more inclusive.  Its intercultural/mult-ethnic group is pretty awesome.
    Posted by jinjooya[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm signing up now.
  • RC17RC17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also interested in a Interracial board.. has there been any progress? Im African American raised Baptist and he's Irish non practicing Catholic.
    Visit Madison.weddings.com Visit DIY.weddings.com
  • rachelblue123rachelblue123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this thread! We definitely need a board of out own. 
    I'm in the same situation as well. My FI is a tall, blue-eyed All-American guy and I'm a petite, Indian girl from Canada. We're going to try and incorporate my Indian heritage into our Canadian summer wedding. It'll be an interesting and fun mix!
  • edited December 2011
    Count me in for another one who wants a board like this.

So now you can see, the Knot, if you don't make one then we're all just gonna have to go to Offbeat Bride...
  • edited December 2011
    A great website I found when I was planning our wedding (we got married almost 3 weeks ago) was Wedding Nouveau: link

I am absolutely not affiliated with the website, but I love the blog and the various ideas on cultures around the world. Hope it helps someone!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards