Interfaith Weddings

Catholic/non-catholic marriage

:D I am so happy to have found the interfaith board! I am Catholic and my FI is not (he has Christian views but doesn't do organized religion) We are getting married in the church and he is very happy about it because it is on our university campus which played an integral part in our relationship.

My parents had an interfaith marriage as well as my grandparents (except my grandfather was required to convert at the time) so it is not an issue for my family.

what are your religious combos?
Anniversary Birthday

Re: Catholic/non-catholic marriage

• I'm catholic and Bloke was raised pagan. We're having our wedding in the church!
  • I'm Lutheran and my Fi is Catholic. My grandpa is a pastor, so it wasn't really a question. I'm converting after though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm Baptist and FI is Catholic. We are still looking at our options but we have found a chapel on our alma mater campus that we feel is the best way to honor both our faiths
  • I'm Catholic and my fiancé is Muslim (non-practicing). We're having a valid marriage in the Catholic church and shortly after, having a nikah performed, but not in the Mosque, and just to honor his parents. Our parents have all approved and are super happy. Can't wait for the big day! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards