Interfaith Weddings

Jewish Cantor or Rabbi for an Interfaith Ceremony?

Help! Does anyone know where to find a rabbi or cantor that would be willing to co-officiate an interfaith wedding ceremony? We are having our wedding in St Paul, MN but aren't having any luck finding anyone that is even within the state! If anyone has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Jewish Cantor or Rabbi for an Interfaith Ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    i know this may be obvious but did you try interfaithfamily.com?  they have a thing where you can input where you live and they'll send you names of people near you who officiate.

i've also seen several that will travel from wherever they are located... 
  • edited December 2011
    We are working with an interfaith clergy group (http://www.interfaithclergynetwork.com/kindclerg.html) that are often willing to travel to help interfaith couples!

Let me know how it works out!
    "I once held a live hummingbird in my hand. I once married a Bryn Mawr girl. To a large extent they are twin experiences" -E.B White
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had to go out of state to find a rabbi for an interfaith ceremony.  As the father of a friend, he really went to bat for us and delivered a beautiful ceremony.  In our area, we were unable to find a local rabbi who was wiling to perform an interfaith ceremony.  Most of the temples in the area are conservative.  Our visiting rabbi is a reform rabbi. 
  • edited December 2011
    As "jandc426" suggested, we offer a free Jewish clergy referral service. Tell us where you're getting married, what you're looking for, and we'll email you a list of cantors and rabbis who officiate at interfaith weddings.

http://www.interfaithfamily.com/findarabbi

And mazal tov on your upcoming marriage!
    InterfaithFamily.com is the premiere web based resource for couples exploring Jewish life and making Jewish choices, and the leading web based advocate for attitudes, policies and practices that welcome and embrace them.
  • RABBIASEGAL RABBIASEGAL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SHALOM: RABBI DR ARTHUR SEGAL AT RABBIASEGAL AT AOL DOT COM DOES INTERFAITH WEDDINGS, CUSTOM MADE FOR EACH COUPLE WITH THEIR TOTAL INPUT, AND WILL  CO-OFFICIATE AND HAS CO-OFFICIATED WITH DEACONS, MINISTERS, HINDU PUNDITS, ETC. HE LIVES ON HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC, AND WILL TRAVEL TO GEORGIA, FLORIDA AND OTHER PARTS OF SC. BLESSINGS,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards