South Asian Weddings

Travel Destinations?

Where's a good place to go during summer? Where have you and your hubby/FI/bf gone? Suggestions please. :)

Re: Travel Destinations?

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning a trip Steph??? 

One of the summer we spent a week in Pensacola and Destin, FL.  Hotel on the beach .  It was very relaxing. 

We are also thinking about doing a road trip this summer, but haven't decided what we are going to do, or we will end up going to Houston and check out the city and the surrounding suburbs and check out houses. 

• edited December 2011
    @Hina- Yes, I am! :) Preferably somewhere OUTSIDE of FL. LOL. Roadtrip sounds fun but I can't sit in the car for that long. I'd go insane. ADD, much? LOL. 
    Checking out houses?? that should be fuuuunnn. 
  • edited December 2011
    my fiance and i went to arizona, ... it was great but it depends on what you wnat to do do you want to lay on a beach or do you want to be adventurous
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We've gone together to  New York, Boston, the Northwest, and of course California is full of short trips.    When DH gets a green card we'll be able to go more places.

Inside the US, I think Arizona and New Mexico are nice and there's a lot to see, but they have a seriously bad summer.  A lot of Northern California has a mild summer.  If you like outdoors stuff, there's Tahoe, Yosemite, and the redwood forests.  I used to live in LA, and while I didn't like living there, I think it's great to visit.  It has everything, beaches, clubs, concerts, food, shopping, galleries, hookah bars, really everything!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_travel-destinations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:02ef0ddb-aa17-442a-8f7b-16d3676e478cPost:c4089af2-d257-419f-82f6-17872617997c">Re: Travel Destinations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've gone together to  New York, Boston, the Northwest, and of course California is full of short trips.    When DH gets a green card we'll be able to go more places. Inside the US, I think Arizona and New Mexico are nice and there's a lot to see, but they have a seriously bad summer.  A lot of Northern California has a mild summer.  If you like outdoors stuff, there's Tahoe, Yosemite, and the redwood forests.  I used to live in LA, and while I didn't like living there, I think it's great to visit.  It has everything, beaches, clubs, concerts, food, shopping, galleries, hookah bars, really everything!
    Posted by temurlang[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I'm in FL now but I'm thinking about a summer trip for my birthday. I know Mexico isn't safe in general but CABO just screams my name... I did a few research and every website I've read, it said that CABO San Lucas was the safest of all places. </div><div>
    </div><div>To stay in the country or go out? Tis the question. I'd have 3 weeks of travel time.</div>
  • edited December 2011

I think Cabo would be just fine because it's far enough away from the US/Mexico border. We went to Cancun for my friend's wedding June 2010, and it was perfectly fine. I think the Mexican gov't tries to protect the tourist areas.

Niagara Falls, Toronto might a great summer trip.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards