South Asian Weddings
Options

Mehndi Invite...

We are having a Mehndi a couple days before our wedding at my parent's house, very low key and just close friends and family.  Do I need to send out an invitation for this mehndi? Or should I just send an email and call people to let them know.....

Re: Mehndi Invite...

• Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know what the expectation is, but we didn't send invitations for events other than the actual wedding(s).  I did send out evites for the RD and day-after brunch because then everyone would have easy access to the info and I could keep track of numbers (they were both small events).  In India of course DH or my ILs just called people for the mehndi and poojas.

Sending out invitations is pretty overwhelming, so if your parents and ILs seem fine with NOT doing it, just email people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since it's informal, I think you're ok with not sending out invitations. We weren't going to either for the mehndi or graha shanti, but since we were DIY'ing, we put an extra insert card into ours that very simply stated that they were also invited to these other events (for family only).

I think you're fine with an email or a phone call though.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP and don't think you need to send out invites for the mehendi.  You could send an evite so that you can track who can attend and who cannot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards