South Asian Weddings

Product question

Do you girls use night cream or eye cream? They say once you hit 25 you need to start using anti aging products so I'm starting to look into investing in those things. I'm a skin and (good) product junky. What do you use? Do any of you know of any scar removal gels or creams? I want to lighten my skin from previous blemishes without having to do a chemical peel unless I have to and I know other women on this board can relate as dark skin scars more easily. What do you guys use and what would you avoid? Sephora is my go to store for everything lol...and I'm ready to hit it up and increase my beatuy insider points!

Re: Product question

• edited December 2011
    I always forget to use the eye cream, but when I do, I use Clinque's All About Eyes.

For the moisturizer at night I started using Neutrogena, but I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is since there are so many. I will look at the jar tonight and report back. My husband's dermatologist says that of all the brands out there, Neutrogena is the best to use and what he uses for himself (the derm, not my husband...he's a different story.)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you use a primer before you put on your make up? I have been thinking of getting one of those too!
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Also a total product junkie!

I use a Lancome eye cream... the one Raangoli mentioned is also really good.  My mom likes it because she tends to get bags under the eye.  I tend to get circles and I've found Lancome Genefique is good for circles.

I've used a lot of moisturizers, and I currently like Bliss with vitamin C.  I would say though that using a moisturizer consistently is more important than which one.  And your skin has its own needs so you have to find what works for you.

I don't have dark skin, so no recommendations there...  BUT, I can say that I wear sunblock every single day.  And if I don't, I am noticeabley tanner.  And every skin color needs protection.  So I would reccomend sunblock over your moisturizer in the morning.  I use Shiseido, but there are many out there that work.

For primers, Smashbox and MakeUp Forever make good ones.  If I'm going out or really need my makeup to last I use it and it makes a difference.  It gos on top of the sunblock.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the smashbox primer recommendation. And making sure you have a moisturizer with SPF in it, too.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use olay face lotion in the day time and the olay night cream in the night (regenerist is what it is called)

I also (not regularly) use cliniques all about eyes....

but i'm glad to hear about "Lancome Genefique" - think i may pikc that up (Thanks temurlang :D)
  • edited December 2011
    I always get Estee Lauder eye and facial cream samples whenever I order my foundation.  They are really nice.  I usually use an olay daily moisturizer and sometimes use estee lauder perfectionist.

As for eye primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion is great as long as you let it dry before putting on your eyeshadow. I've also used a cheap drugstore one by L'oreal and it worked almost as well as both the Urban Decay and the Smashbox one, plus it was like $5! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards