South Asian Weddings

Meet up in NYC?

Hey!
I live in NYC and am getting married on August 13 in Sonoma. I have found the South Asian blog on theknot.com very useful and I think it would be fun to get a group of girls together (those getting married and those who have already gotten married) together for tea (coffee). What do people think? I think it could be fun to talk to a group of women who aren't our typical friends about the woes and joys of planning an Indian wedding. I personally could definitely benefit from it. I was raised American and have never been to an Indian wedding. My fiance is American, so we are having a joint ceremony honoring both traditions.

Would love to hear from you!
Mia

Re: Meet up in NYC?

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I would love to but I live in Dallas, Texas!
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be down!  I'm from FL, going bridal shopping in Edison, NJ. next week.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up or go bridal shopping.  I know nothing about the area so it'd be great to  shop with someone.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too would love to, but I'm in AZ :-(

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I live in NYC and would definitely love to meet up!
  • mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the area too and would love to meet up as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh that sounds like fun!  I live in jersey so I'm down!
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Jersey so I would be interested
  • msainimsaini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!
    I'm so glad there is interest. Sorry it took me so long to respond...for some reason I never got emails when people responded! Let's get the ball rolling. How about we meet on Monday April 11th in NYC at Starbucks 41 Union Square West 6 pm? I'm flexible on timing and location.

Email me personally at mia.saini@gmail.com to confirm.

Bring your enthusiasm, ideas, etc. I really would love some help understanding how to weave Indian elements into the American ceremony.

Take care and looking forward to this!
    Mia
  • msainimsaini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Please let me know if people are interested in meeting this Monday at 6pm. If so, please email me at mia.saini@gmail.com.

Looking forward to it,
    Mia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards