South Asian Weddings
Options

Where can you donate a used bridal lengha?

Hi all,

I'm looking to donate my bridal lengha, but I'm having a hard time finding a charity that accepts them (there are a lot that accept western gowns, but I haven't found any that will take Indian outfits). Does anyone know of a charity that takes Indian bridal attire? If not I guess I could consider selling it, the thought of it sitting in my closet for the rest of my life makes me a little sad!

Thanks!

Re: Where can you donate a used bridal lengha?

• Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I framed the dupatta since it's as heavy as the lehnga :)

I'm not sure about an organization, but what about the breast cancer association?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW you framed that dupatta....what a cool idea

Sorry DR800 I don't know of where to donate the entire lengha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah :)  the work of it shows and the layers of the cloth are underneath.  Originally we wanted to drape it over the top of the bed, but we didn't buy the bed with the four posts that met in the middle.  And it would get a lot of dust :)

I'll have to take a picture of it :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I may copy your idea of framing it ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Send it off to India, dear. Lots of groups would love it there. We often send with our family friends who live there old pieces of clothing that are Indian that we have outgrown, but to know a wedding outfit would go to someone there refreshing! And I'm sure there is a bride out there who would love to wear it.
  • Options
    RowHarryRowHarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, can you post a picture of your framed dupatta.  I love that idea but can't imagine it.  Thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sonali- thanks, I'll look into a charity that might take it in India.

The framing idea also sounds very cool, I would love to see pictures!

• Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    edited December 2011
    This weekend I'll be able to post some pictures :)  The camera is currently out of state LOL - the camera gets used for a lot of events!

• Options
    RowHarryRowHarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi kpwedkk,

Is your camera back in town; would love to see the framed dupatta; thanks!
  • Options
    reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you still have the pic of ur framed dupatta?
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    edited December 2011
    Let me look for it :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you still have it- could you please send me a picture. I'm looking to buy one but they are so expensive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards