South Asian Weddings
Options

costume jewelry

So I need some jewelry for the wedding ceremony--a tikka, earrings, a necklace, maybe anklets too.  I want to wear the heavy, traditional style jewelry, but I know that I'd never ever ever wear any of it again.  So I'm looking for costume jewelry, but I have no idea where to look.  Does anyone have any experience buying online?  Good/bad experiences?  Can anyone suggest any websites?  It seems like the South Asian wedding blogs show a lot of jewelry, but often fail to link to or list the sellers' sites.  I've looked in a couple of sari shops on Devon in Chicago, but there isn't much selection.  Can anyone suggest any stores in either Chicago, New York, or the Edison New Jersey area?  Thanks in advance!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: costume jewelry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've purchased a lot of jewelry on ebay from the seller "India Trend" (http://stores.ebay.com/India-Trend).  The lady who runs the store, Parul, is really helpful.  I've sent her pictures/descriptions of things I wanted, and she found them for me if she didn't already have some in her shop.  The prices are reasonable and usually there is free shipping.  Everything is great quality for costume jewelry. :)
  • Options
    vindaloovindaloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks...I checked them out and it looks like they have some nice stuff!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    gryffindorgryffindor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check this website.  

You can also purchase their pieces at Khubsoorat in NJ or NY.  I got one of their sets for my engagement party with the idea in mind that I'd like to be able to wear it again.  They use the Swarovski crystals and it sparkles very nicely.  The colors can be customized to your oufit.  Their pieces definitey have a desi look, but I think it is clean and modern not your typical desi costume jewelry set with the bells and balls and frills on every possible square inch.

No offense to the bells, balls and frills on typical desi jewelry, I own and wear plenty of that stuff too. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards