South Asian Weddings

indian wedding planner in NY/NJ

Hi anyone know of any great indian wedding planners in NY or NJ?

i'm on a tight budget so cheaper would be nice too.

any recommendations/thoughts appreciated!!

Re: indian wedding planner in NY/NJ

• sjs was also out of our price range.  I have heard some really great things about http://www.bellsnringsevents.com/ and evenings of elegance. 
  • Try these:

TanaRi Events: www.tanarievents.com
    Preeti Exclusive: www.preetiexclusive.com
  • The owner of BellsnRings is my friend!! She's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know one in Massachusetts. She is really good. She is very high end decorator but does low budget wedding too. Shobha Shastry/Alankar Decorators
  • Hi,
     You can contact Simer Grewal "Dream Weddings by Simer". She is great, very detail oriented, elegant, exclusive weddings and within your budget.

Call her at (216)502-5194 or e-mail dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

Check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Regards.
  • I would disagree and don't think that Dharmi at Evenings of Elegance can even hold a candle to the other planners (and regret my decision to hire her) -- she might be good at planning a very generic wedding, but she doesn't seem experienced enough to handle an upscale, detail-oriented event.  I've worked with her and found her to be extremely money minded and didn't find that she cared at all about my wedding, supporting the bride or making the planning process any easier for me (she cared more about adding on charges, pushing her vendors so she could strengthen her industry relationships even though they weren't at all what i was looking for, and generally being more naggy than helpful).  I highly regret ever hiring her, but I'm thankful I had the good sense to ask her not to show up at my wedding (even though she kept the full deposit, despite the fact that she didn't do anything), as I'm pretty sure she would have caused me more stress by being there. 

• Bridal arts and events are very good.  Husband wife team...very professional and super affordable...
    their email is www.bridalartsandevents.com and phone is 347.204.9981.
  • Yes,,,bridal arts and events are really great. I just booked my wedding for next year with them.  They did my cousin's wedding 2 years ago and people are still talking about it.  I think they are pretty reasonably priced because they work with your budget.  Give them a call...and good luck!'  www.bridalartsandevents.com
  • How much do these planners range?
  • You can also contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer. www.dwsimer.com. Call her at (216)502-5194.

She's awesome, detail oriented and much cheaper than all other big name planners out there.

Have Fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards