South Asian Weddings
Options

Make-up suggestions NY/NJ

Hi girls!

I would love some makeup suggestions in the NY/NJ area. I contacted the one a lot of girls use, Sushmita and she wasn't available. And, for the girls who use non-indian artists, what do you do about draping? I contacted Marissa Pascone as well and she wasn't available either. Thanks

Re: Make-up suggestions NY/NJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I used Marissa for makeup so that doesn't work for you. I had someone come in to help me with draping though. Her name (I guess nickname really) is Baku and she did draping for me and my mom (side note: my mom is the cutest and has trouble draping her own sari, I love it hehe) and also did my mom's makeup and updo's for my sister in law and cousin.

I can PM you her number if you're interested.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rangoli,

That would help me out so much. Thank you! And, yeah, I am having a very tough time finding someone for makeup and my god, it is so pricey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bridetobeee , when is your wedding? 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 14th in Long Island
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, ok.  I am using Donna at amazing faces in Jersey City. She travels and she MAY have your date available.  She is very good.  She does hair AND make up, which is a bonus because you have to deal with fewer vendors... you also don't have to worry as much about hair AND make up "minimums" separately since you would be paying one individual for both types of services.  She can do a morning and evening look and charge you a very reasonable per hour fee for the hours in between (when she is not working on any of your wedding party).

Here is her information:  http://www.amazingfacenj.com/default.html

If you contact her, let her know Malvika recommended her.  GL.
  • Options
    reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    has anyone used kalpana patel?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Malvika!

I sent her an email but I am afraid I am super super picky. I have gone on a couple of trials and they either make me look too light or too dark. And, I am not sure airbrushing is for me because it doesn't really match my skin tone. My family and my fiance tell me I do my makeup better....and thats sad because I don't even know how to wear eye shadow, concealer, foundation or any other fancy makeup stuff : (
  • Options
    reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so my engagement was this past weekend in nj... Kalpana Patel is AWESOME! She did mine and I can send you her info if you would like..  i just went with her without a trial and i was so happy with her.. she did air brushing and i was suprised it actually turned out well.. i wasnt uneven, wasnt gray or too light or nothing... but she does hair and make up and she is extremely good
  • Options
    fam247fam247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey could some PM me Baku's number? thanks!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards