South Asian Weddings

Indian wedding at Birchwood Manor in NJ

Hi,
I am still searching for a venue, and liked the Birchwood Manor in Whippany NJ. I guess I am more used to hotel weddings where everything just happens in one place, and am worried about transporting everyone back (about 400 people) and forth from hotel for ceremony/lunch, then cocktain reception, then back to hotel.

Anybody been to the birchwood for a wedding or have had or planning on having a wedding there?
Any thoughts on the venue (negative or positve) and ease of transporting people would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Indian wedding at Birchwood Manor in NJ

• My sister got married there. She said the management was amazing to deal with.  I myself am getting married at hotel just purely out of convenience.  If I had my own choice, I would have chosen a banquet facility.

• do you remember if it was a hassle to transport all the people back and forth from the hotel to birchwood during your sister's wedding? or if that caused any problems?

i'm worried that all of his friends/family won't make it early enough to enjoy baraat...or does it sound like i'm overthinking it?

• I honestly think that you are overthinking having to transport people from one facility to another. Is there a reason why you can't have the lunch/cocktail reception at the Birchwood? Maybe consider extending the cocktail hour to maybe an hour and a half, etc.?

The people who should be there to see the baraat, be it friends or family, will be there regardless of whether you have it at a banquet hall or a hotel venue.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • It really wasn't an issue.  People get to wherever they have to be.
  • :) Hi I'm planning my wedding for March 17, 2013 and I came accross this! Do you have any ideas on where I can look at Indian theme wedding ideas/? Thank you!

my e-mail is: samanthaevergreen@gmail.com
  • Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer and she can help you find amazing vendors within your budget.  She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

Her fee is reasonable and will not make a hole in your pocket.

Also check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Enjoy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards