South Asian Weddings
Options

Pittsburgh Hindu Ceremony Help

Hi,

My fiance and I are having 2 ceremonies, one Christian one Hindu, in Pittsburgh.  Any Hindu Pittsburghers out there?  I need help.  We have no idea where to get the mandap from.  And we don't want to spend a fortune.  Please let me know if you know of who to contact. 

thanks!

Re: Pittsburgh Hindu Ceremony Help

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH has some family in Pittsburgh and from what I understand, there's a pretty big Hindu temple in the area.  I'm not sure if this would work but maybe you could contact them and see if they have some suggestions, or could put you in contact with other brides who may know of a mandap decorator. 

Have you also thought of DIY-ing?  A few of the girls here have DIY-ed very inexpensive but beautiful mandaps. 

Also, I'm sure many decorators in the Philly area would be willing to travel to Pittsburgh for an additional travel fee - although I'm not sure how much more that would add to the cost.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am getting married in May and am using fancyflorist.com (they are well known to the temple).  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could also use a Chuppah if you must! You can save some cash w/ this option as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards