South Asian Weddings
Options

Advice Needed: Bridal Shower

I had a question! Since I'm not going to be living in Michigan and therefore will not be having a shower where I open gifts for my home with my lovely female relatives, family friends, and girlfriends, what can I do instead? Can I have a ladies lunch at my Mom's house? Can I have an afternoon tea party? What can I do instead to fill the time?

I thought maybe I could ask each lady to bring a recipe to add to my collection so I can be a bit closer to them all once I move to the UK.

Since I know opening presents takes up quite a bit of time I want refreshing ideas on what to do instead as that experience won't be one I'll be having - I can't pack up toasters and fly them across to a country they won't work in! :)

Re: Advice Needed: Bridal Shower

• Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There's no reason you can't have a luncheon or party with your family and friends.  Eating is an activity LOL!

I love the recipe idea!  Sharing the recipes could also be an activity.  Each lady could say why she chose that recipe and to share a story about a memorable time she made it.

People play games at showers (not really my thing) so you could do that.  I went to one where the girl showed a DVD about her and her FI... I found it weird.  Don't worry too much about filling time... people usually manage when there's food and at least some others they know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think an afternoon tea party would be a really cute idea for your "shower" and very fitting since you'll be heading to the UK once you're married (or maybe even before).

I agree that the recipe idea is cute. Maybe also ask if they have a favorite picture of you and them together so that you can have a little album or scrapbook to take with you, too?
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards