South Asian Weddings

Found a venue

Hey ladies!  I have to share, I'm super-excited ... FI and I picked our venue last night. 

As I said before, they set up a tasting just for us so we could try their Indian food.  (The chef isn't Indian, but did some Indian weddings when he worked at the Four Seasons previously.)

The food was off the charts!  I think they brought us six different hors d'oeuvres to try.  The entrees were really great, they did an amazing navratan korma that I'm sad I can't order off a menu somewhere.  And then they finished up with sweet shots ... they had six different ones that we tried, including chocolate banana mousse topped with nutella, kheer, and passion fruit mousse.

The building itself is gorgeous, very Zen-inspired and modern at the same time, not at all a traditional country club.

It's such a relief to have a place and to have catering lined up, I can de-stress for a little bit now.
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Found a venue

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting a major step off the to do list.  It sounds like a great venue. How exciting! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That sounds exciting! I think your menu sounds perfect as does the venue! Must be a relief to finally have that settled. Everything else will fall into place now, too!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    congrats, congrats!
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  See?  Wedding planning is so much fun :) 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atta girl! It's all working out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  This was a huge stressor for me, I think everything else will be a lot easier.

As a bonus, both of the dates we're considering fall on long weekends, which means more time for guests to participate in all of the functions. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i am in the process of looking for a venue in south florida - where we can have indian food - what venue is this? any information will help me out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards