South Asian Weddings

Got my engagement pictures

Hi ladies!
Here is the link to the engagement photo shoot we had in April, it was cold and drizzling then.. so we will be doing a second photo shoot in June, hoping the weather will be on our side then. Hinaj, i will using some poses that you suggested in June. I will be printing atleast one picture out of these for display in our reception hall, let me know which # you ladies like the best! Also let me know if the link works!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172912&id=502875664&saved

Re: Got my engagement pictures

• edited December 2011
    Nicky, they are soooo amazing! i just checked them out! you are absolutely gorgeous! IM SO JEALOUS!  FI and I haven't done any engagement pictures yet..we JUST got engaged a few months ago and our wedding isn't until July of 2011. is it too early to take pictures?

i think this picture would be PERFECT for you display in the reception hall.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4399866&id=502875664
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, my sis picked that one too!! two votes for that :)

Its never early as long as you picked your wedding photographer engagement photoshoot is free as a package with your wedding booking. You can do it in one day or spread it over months, most photographers give you two days incase the couple gets tired.Do some looking around for your photographer, its always a good idea, but once you find a good one..jump on it! If you want to know how much the package should cost, I can tell you. E picture shoot is the one thing I actually enjoyed about the wedding planning :), its definitely for the ladies
  • edited December 2011
    yes! that picture is really good.

and PLEASE, i need any info / help i can get! im in the process of looking for a photographer as we speak. I was thinking that if we do the engagement photos before the end of the year, we can maybe slip a photo into each "save the date". or is that too corny?
  • edited December 2011
    Not corny at all, I would have done the same but my eshoot was much later in the year.My photographer is just starting out in wedding photography but been a fashion photographer for a long time..his taste is contemporary perhaps because of his fashion background thats what I liked about his photography, there are amazing photographers in Cali..you can look them up on maharani weddings the group is on facebook also and features amazing weddings..the photographer cost if you are not going too all out.should be around 3-4k..mine is 3500 including travel, but he is considered amature so he might be less than others..but I love his work and wanted to hire him only,he is from Chicago..where my fiance is currently located.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Nicky!
    I'm actually looking at Maharani right now. The thing is, I'm not sure if Sinhalese weddings are the same as the typical indian weddings. I'm so confused how there's hindu.bengali. and what not. Do sri lankan brides do the same thing as indian brides?
  • edited December 2011
    Make that 3 votes for the picture, Nicky! All of the pictures are fabulous, but I like that one the best. I am not sure if its because its B&W and it has some added drama because of that. I also like #26, but I think #34 is the best :)

Can't wait to see what you guys do in June!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicky, the pictures are amazing and you look gorgeous!!!  Seriously, if you guys have some awesome pics in such cold and bad weather, I don't know what you guys will do in a good sunny day, LOL!!!!  My vote is with your sis and trueleo on the pic to be used.  I can't wait to see more pics!!! 

Oh, please let me know who is your photog, I will check him out . 
  • edited December 2011
    yes! i hope thats the picture you choose! and i agree with raangoli, there's just something about black and white pictures.... =)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Rangooli, yes #34 is so far everyone's fav..I will def. put it up in the reception hall, I am putting up two easels ..I will choose the other two pictures, once the second session of e pictures is done. I think trueleo def. agrees with the same choice!

Hina
    My photographer's name is Sapan Ahuja. here is his website link- http://www.mariciphoto.com/ I like the other epictures he has taken too, check those out! after seeing those I wanted to hire him.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did like his work Nicky!!  Although, I didn't see any Indian weddings, I did like his style.  I will wait to get more information, after your wedding and see his work then and your review!!!.  LOL. 
  • edited December 2011

Yea Hina

You have plenty of time to wait and see what photographer to go with!!

• Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love these pics!!! PS: Where is the lengha from?  It's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Bhanu&Anuj

Thank you!! THe lengha I got from Edison, NJ..:)

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The outfit is super hot
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Sonali! Glad you future brides approve of my taste! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards