South Asian Weddings
Options

Hindu wedding on a budget?

Re: Hindu wedding on a budget?

• Options
    rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer and she can help you find amazing vendors within your budget.  She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

Her fee is reasonable and will not make a hole in your pocket.

Also check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    This can definetely be done.  The key is to figure out the vendors which are important to you.  Here are some ideas to keep costs down:

1. Limit flowers.  If you use flowers during the ceremony see if you can re-use them during the reception.

2.  Most vendors have a different prices if they have to travel and how long they have to be there.  See if you can find local vendors in your area that you like.  Also, a half day wedding will cost less than a whole day wedding.  

3. Typical mandap prices are very expensive...don't be afraid to ask how to cut down costs when looking around.

4. DIY options: place cards, menu cards (if you want this), table numbers ( if your venue does not supply these), centerpieces ( craft stores have a lot of options that you can look through and use), 

5.  Venues are pretty pricey depending what you end up deciding.  sometimes they have deals on "off-season" months, Sundays, or Fridays.   Places like wineries and halls are usually cheaper than hotels are.

6.  Getting photography & videography from the same vendor versus 2 differnt ones may help

7. Finally, shop around and ask friends & family for ideas & help.  

Hope this helps!

• Options
    My advice is 1) find a location where you can bring your own alcohol (for 200 people it could cost you $1200-$1500 vs $5000+) 2) avoid using the Indian vendors for things like a mandap. In Florida the packages start around $6000, but asking a florist for a mandap (aka canopy or chuppah) could easily be less than $500. 3) the biggest cost is the food, so shop around, be open to western caterers who are able to do a fusion meal (might be cheaper than limiting yourself to a handful of only Indian caterers) 4) I agree that flowers is the other area to save on. I'm planning on having my bridesmaids carry items that will be used in the ceremony in thalis that my mum has. That'll save $50 a bouquet! Good luck and know that you're not alone :)
  • Options

We are spending around the same amount on a destination wedding for about 70 people (so we have to do multiple meals), but one place we found we could really cut down was on alcohol. MOST of our guests either do not drink or drink very little, so we are doing an on consumption bar. Basically instead of paying for an open bar for all our guests, we are opening a tab and having everyone put each drink on there... that way, we only pay for the alcohol consumed--- not for the open bar that won't be worth it. Maybe this will help! GL!

• Options
    Thank you all for your advice!  I'm glad I'm not alone on the budget boat :) I will definitely keep all your pointers in mind :)
  • Options
    I know this is a super old post.. But I had a question, which is in line with the original topic.. Is it cheaper to do the actual ceremony with the mandap and all in a temple itself or is it better to do it in a private venue?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards