South Asian Weddings

MIA & AW: Mini wedding is on!

Sorry ladies, This month with our conference coming up I haven't been able to do anything. Tell me some updates.. I'll read the posts as soon as I can.

Just thought I would tell ya'll what I'm upto:
So the parents all met and finally decided to do the formal engagement on Oct.16th! Huge tradition for us. Well the plans have changed and we will be having a mini wedding of sorts for this, because of the parents. I have 3 months to pull this all together. I see it as practice for the wedding! (As much as I love them all, they don't know this stuff well enough to put it together) All I have now is what I'm wearing, 120 people on the guest list, and the date! The good thing is there are many things I can omit like favors, cake, etc. I can't wait.. this will be a great challenge after my conference at the end of the month!
Update 6/13/2010
June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MIA & AW: Mini wedding is on!

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck and Have fun!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow thats crazy! But I think you can do it. Since you don't need the favors and cake, that's going to help you a lot, too. I think you mentioned a few weeks ago that you had to pull this all together in a short amount of time. I think it can be done. And like you said, you'll be a pro by the time you have to plan the actual wedding!

Good luck! We're always here to bounce ideas off of :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    How fun! I had a formal engagement in Bangladesh.  It was one of my most favorite days yet. :)
  • edited December 2011

JandD- Thats great you got your guestlist down already, should make things easy and I know you been planning this for a while-what colors did you end up with anyway?? This will be great practice in planning the main event, take it all in and enjoy!! :)

• edited December 2011
    Colors are not decided. I actually didn't plan too much of this becuase it kept getting post-poned and the details wouldn't come together from the parents. We finally just had them meet. I think we secured the venue and the church.
    Realized not to much planning at all!!! I've been planning retreats, conferences, and conventions for over 5 years. This is a piece of cake once I broke it down. I think I'll do the same for the wedding and put the emotions out of it as much as I can!
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards