South Asian Weddings

July 3 weekday desi wedding

Guys

I want to get some feedback about having a wedding on Wed, July 3. I know it's a weekday which can be odd but does it make it better given that the next day is a holiday?

This is a 1-day event and there are no other ceremonies such as sangeet planned. Half of my guests are a 5 hour drive away and the other half are local to the city. A few are international for whom the day choice should not matter. On July 3, I plan to have the ceremony at 4:30pm but if local folks don't want to take the day off, they can simply join in at the reception which starts at 6:30pm

Doing this vs a July 4 event saves me 20% of the total wedding cost. What do you guys think? Folks can get up late the next morning and choose to drive back back on July 4 or simply take that Friday off too and make it an extended weekend (lots of local relatives where they can stay)

Thanks!

Re: July 3 weekday desi wedding

• It's not a horrible idea, though definitely atypical.

If I were you I'd run it by a few close friends/family who a) you'd be heartbroken if they didn't come and b) know your crowd. Because the truth is there are a lot of people out there who would think this is good, and a lot who would think it was inconsiderate or unfeasible. What matters is what the guests you really want think, because that will shape your day. But also, at the end of the day you do what means the most to you.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards