South Asian Weddings

Shoes

Hi everyone!

My name is Alicia and my fiance and I are getting married in Chandigarh March 12.  We won't get my dress until we get to India (March 7th), but his sisters told me to go ahead and start looking for shoes now.

He is a little taller than me, so I don't want something with a big heel.  I found some I like, but I think they make me too tall.  

Does anyone have some suggestions of websites that have shoes that will go with my Lehenga (it will probably be read with gold beading, so I would like something to compliment that).

I looked at the knot's website, dsw, etc.  I think I need some website ideas where they offer styles that would be good with Saris and Lehengas.

Im in St. Louis if anyone knows of a store I could look at.

Thanks!

Alicia

Re: Shoes

• edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing ballet flats with my sari. My fiance and I are exactly the same height, and I don't want to be taller than him at the wedding. I'll probably buy the shoes at Payless or something.

If you're looking for more traditional shoes, Beachcombers has khhussa shoes in many sizes. www.beachcombersbazaar.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a low heel gold strappy sandal or something similar.  I went with something like that and got it from DSW.  I might have a pic in my bio.  Try all department stores (macys, bloomingdales, etc.), as well as endless.com, shoes.com, piperlime.com
  • edited December 2011
    I got my shoes from endless.com and they were super indiany -- strappy gold shoes with jewels.  They will definitely be too tall for what you are looking for but they do have a great selection with free shipping and free returns.  Also zappos.com has a great selection as well.  

I know you might not want to wait but there is A LOT of selection in Chandigarh itself -- sector 17 has like 5 shoe stores in a row and you are bound to find something there.  I got all my shoes except my wedding shoes from India, mostly in Chandigarh.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the tips!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards