South Asian Weddings

OL Wednesday

Write a letter if you cant say it out loud!

Re: OL Wednesday

• edited December 2011

Dear Mother of the child who is sitting next to me on the plane,

It was cute when I found my seat and said hello, and your little boy said Hiiiiii! It was really cool when he asked for a High - Five. After we took off you fell asleep and your son keeps pushing buttons my laptop, leaving fingerprints and slobber on the screen and keep singing the same Elmo songs (La La La La).

I am not the baby sitter and cannot keep buckling him in everytime the belt light turns on. He needs a diaper change and I think he ate a crayon. There definitely were 3 (red, yellow and blue) and now there are only 2 (red, blue).

You woke up 15 minutes prior to landing and said "hope he didn't bother you". I smiled and said "Not at all". That's not what I felt.

-The bald guy in seat 34C

Abhi
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_ol-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:d4984305-757b-4866-af04-d0cd9542a868Post:dbfe2467-67b9-4df7-bbdb-c0fed1d5b985">Re: OL Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Mother of the child who is sitting next to me on the plane, It was cute when I found my seat and said hello, and your little boy said Hiiiiii! It was really cool when he asked for a High - Five. After we took off you fell asleep and your son keeps pushing buttons my laptop, leaving fingerprints and slobber on the screen and keep singing the same Elmo songs (La La La La). I am not the baby sitter and cannot keep buckling him in everytime the belt light turns on. He needs a diaper change and <strong>I think he ate a crayon. There definitely were 3 (red, yellow and blue) and now there are only 2 (red, blue).</strong> You woke up 15 minutes prior to landing and said "hope he didn't bother you". I smiled and said "Not at all". That's not what I felt. -The bald guy in seat 34C
    Posted by Pandya Photography[/QUOTE]

I just cracked up! How funny! You have way more patience then I do. The mother would have been woken up pretty quickly if I was there.
  • edited December 2011

I'm surprised the mother was able to fall asleep at all. I'm neurotic about sleeping when my son's awake and no one else is there to keep him entertained and out of trouble!

Dear Kidlet,

I love you very much. I don’t, however, love that you have decided that it would be a great idea to wake up in the wee hours of the morning and just not go back to sleep till an hour before wake-up time. That makes you late for school and we can’t have you late for school every day. Please stay asleep at night so we don’t have to deal with grumpy breakfasts and cranky car rides.

Love,
    Mommy

~~

Dear Big Dog,

I love you too. Now please get your drooly face off my keyboard.

Love,
    Your Person’s Sister

~~

Dear Small Dog,

You have no sense of personal space. Just because you can’t SEE the baby in my belly doesn’t mean that you get to sleep on her. I realize you only weigh 7 1/2 pounds, but neither she nor I appreciate being walked on. If you don’t like being kicked by the belly’s inhabitant, I suggest not putting yourself there anymore.

Love,
    Your Person’s Sister

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_ol-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:d4984305-757b-4866-af04-d0cd9542a868Post:dbfe2467-67b9-4df7-bbdb-c0fed1d5b985">Re: OL Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Mother of the child who is sitting next to me on the plane, It was cute when I found my seat and said hello, and your little boy said Hiiiiii! It was really cool when he asked for a High - Five. After we took off you fell asleep and your son keeps pushing buttons my laptop, leaving fingerprints and slobber on the screen and keep singing the same Elmo songs (La La La La). I am not the baby sitter and cannot keep buckling him in everytime the belt light turns on. He needs a diaper change and I think he ate a crayon. There definitely were 3 (red, yellow and blue) and now there are only 2 (red, blue). You woke up 15 minutes prior to landing and said "hope he didn't bother you". I smiled and said "Not at all". That's not what I felt. -The bald guy in seat 34C
    Posted by Pandya Photography[/QUOTE]

Reading this is hilarious!!  I feel bad for you, but you usually see this in the movies.  I would have not let the kid's mother sleep if it was me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards