South Asian Weddings

Spicy Honeymoon?

Haha I know it sounds like something else but really I mean spice as in chili peppers. . .Does anyone have recommendations on a honeymoon spot that has great (SPICY) food? My FI is a huge chili pepper eater and needs tabasco on everything. I would love to go to a nice resort in like hawaii but the food there is so bland. I am worried if we go to a resort he will be disappointed with the Americanized food options. He is half indian and I am sri lankan and we are both huge foodies.

I asked on the honeymoon board but the girls there seem really snarky and mean they were harping on a girl asking about HM registry when she said she is spending 8k they jumped on her about it. . .I know you guys are much nicer

Re: Spicy Honeymoon?

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Caribbean - anywhere -  is known for their hot food- they use habenero and scotch bonnet peppers,which are super hot, and super good. They also have Banana Ketchup (yum!)

European food is a little bland, but if you want you can always bring your chutney, or hot sauce to Hawaii Or ask them to use pepper, they should have some :):).  They do use different spices than what us Indian/Caribbeans are used to :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest the caribbean as well. They can make some spiiiiicy food. You could always also try some of the latin American countries too, since they are known for their cuisine, too. Might not be spicy, but its definite different!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    yeap the caribbean has spicy food especially trinidad thats really spicy although i dont know if you have a theme for your honeymoon ... i'm thinking adventure and hoping to do a south african and a south america trip .... i was also thinking costa rica .... the caribbean is great.
  • edited December 2011

Indonesia, Thailand? 

ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards