South Asian Weddings

flower garlands

How much are you paying for your malas?  Where are you buying them from?

Re: flower garlands

• edited December 2011
    We'll be getting our garlands through our florist.  We've recieved quotes anywhere from $55 to $80 for 3 flower garlands.
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours through our decorator who had a florist that they worked with. The florist did the center pieces as well as the floral for the mandap, etc. I think the garlands were around $70 for roses and white mums. We also needed three - one which we aksed to be made lighter so that my husband wouldn't be weighed down by wearing two!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is the third flower garland for?
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't used these people yet but it seems like a good option.

You could ask a local temple if they have anyone that does it for their ceremonies.
  • edited December 2011
    Fancy Florist is AWESOME.  I used them for my mandap, garlands, and a rangoli (they will do rangoli designs different from what's on their website).  Everything turned out beautiful.  The garlands are really nice and reasonably priced. The people at Fancy Florist are very easy to work with, and they do great quality work.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_flower-garlands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:fd50f91f-76ea-4b5e-a447-7fcb9bfdb183Post:b34beefb-0273-4ebb-ac62-f96ef47f287f">Re: flower garlands</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who is the third flower garland for?
    Posted by Ninac4116[/QUOTE]

The groom wears two - one is given to him as the bride's family meets him after the baraat. The other he gets when he exchanges the garland with the bride in the mandap.
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards