Offbeat Weddings
Options

A little intro - New mod :)

Hey ladies, so the powers that be in TK and I were in touch and I am now  you're new mod! I have been on here a bit, and been pretty active on the DW Board and the Sept 2012 board (where I was already mod) so some of you may already know me, but for those who don't I thought I'd post a short intro!

My name is Britt, I am 25 years old and getting married on Sept 22, 2012. We are doing a destination wedding to the Muskoka Lakes region of Ontario, up in Cottage Country (I live a stones throw from Detroit, so for those driving it, its a 7-8 hour drive to get there).

Our wedding theme started in a way that I think kinda made us 'offbeat' from square one. I am not a diamonds and flash girl in any way, infact I was in the Canadian Army for 6 years before FI proposed and am a total tomboy. For this reason he was determined to get me a ring that fit me, and had one custom made in black diamond and rubies:

We started brainstorming after that about what we wanted our wedding to be, and were totally stuck, neither of us had ever had a 'dream' wedding and that's FI suggested it, that we use my memorial tattoo that I got for my father as an inspiration for the wedding:

So our wedding colours are black and red, with white accents, and red roses are a heavy theme. My dress is backless and I will have an updo to show the tattoo off. My dress is my mother's dress, altered A LOT and black beading, a black sash and black crinoline being added to it.

If you ladies have any questions for me, feel free to ask on here or PM at any time :)

Signing off with a picture, so you can put a face to a name lol This is one of our engagement photos (we included a red rose in the pictures to tie that in too)

Re: A little intro - New mod :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards