Washington-Seattle

Open Letter Tuesday

Vent it out here :)
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Open Letter Tuesday

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Modcloth,
    Please let the adorable dress I just ordered fit.  I'm in-between sizes, and I really hope you are boob friendly.
    ~Petite, yet curvy customer
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Prosecco that my MOH is bringing over tonight,
    Please taste as good as we hope you do. We would love for you to make an appearance at my bridal shower in a few months, so please just dont be too dry tasting.
    ~Excited for the wine and magazine party
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Bldg Management,
    Please change the ceiling light directly above my desk.  It is flickering and it is driving me crazy... like Jack Nicholson's character in The Shining CRAZY.  I submitted a request 3 hours ago, it is time to change out the freaking bulb!
    ~Crazed Admin
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • IkandKiIkandKi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear coworkers-
    Please recognize today is my birthday :(
  • edited December 2011

Dear US Government,
    I can't believe that even though my birth cert, my blue passport, my no-fees red (military/government) passport, my Enhanced Driver's license, my marriage certificate, and all my school documents spell my middle name one way, It's great to know that I have ALL those things, even though my Social Security card says it's spelled another way.
    You guys are effing geniuses. Idk how you can give me a passport with a different name than my ss card, and manage to catch terrorists. Brilliant.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_open-letter-tuesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:533d0029-c377-4ee8-8345-c3ba79fb5164Post:30d9249e-7938-4340-8f7e-9edc9d6900f0">Re: Open Letter Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear US Government, I can't believe that even though my birth cert, my blue passport, my no-fees red (military/government) passport, my Enhanced Driver's license, my marriage certificate, and all my school documents spell my middle name one way, It's great to know that I have ALL those things, even though my Social Security card says it's spelled another way. You guys are effing geniuses. Idk how you can give me a passport with a different name than my ss card, and manage to catch terrorists. Brilliant.
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I know the issue is probably super frustrating for you but your post made me lol!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha Glad to make you giggle :P
    PITA. you have no idea.. I had to go back THREE TIMES yesterday. and on the third attempt, they had closed.
    -__-
    I got it taken care of this morning. lol
  • edited December 2011

That's horrible, but it did make me laugh.  I am dreading the whole name change rigamarole.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Don't dread it. It's surprisingly easy for the State of washington.
    If you have an EDL, run to the SS office with your copy of the cert (you get that at the city hall for 3 bucks about a week after the wedding) and they'll change it super fast. The ss office is never busy like the DMV is. that will take a week to get your new card, then you just run to the DMV and show them.

If you don't have an EDL, you just go to the DMV with your cert. and say "yo, change this shizz" and they're all over it. I was dreading it mainly because of my car situation (it's in my moms name, needs to be in my NEW name but the POA is in my OLD name.. messyness)

Really, don't stress. This state makes life MUCH easier than many other states. :) Mine was just a fluke from back when I was born that the ss guy screwed up. Everyone at the ss office was really nice though.
  • edited December 2011
    lol.  I will tell them to change my shizzz.  :) I just hate the DMV with a passion (then again, who doesn't?)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    haha I feel you. I like the DMV in Everett and the one here in MV. Both are pretty mellow and fast at their jobs. I want to punch everyone at Smokey Point.. -_- lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards