Gay Weddings

my girl wants to wear a sexy suit!

My bride wants to wear a sexy suit for the wedding, and I am all for it. Or maybe a more unstructured look (i.e. Ellen's wedding get up). We have no idea where to start looking. She wants - and deserves - to be treated like a bride, so just going to a department store to look at suits doesn't seem to offer the right vibe. Any ideas where we can start searching?

Re: my girl wants to wear a sexy suit!

• Jessyka1!Jessyka1! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She can go to Men's Wearhouse. I have actually read a million posts about this because my FW will be doing the same thing. They will tailor a suit directly for her figure. They are very helpful, and don't treat you any differently. Granted it is no David's Bridal for the ultimate girly experience, but she will be treated like the bride she truly is regardless of what she is planning to wear on her big day! And, it's not like shopping in a department store. Because it's being tailored for her, it can be as sexy or as unstructured as you want! Hope this helps.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Tabitha1369Tabitha1369 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee is getting her suit from Men's Warehouse also, although she does not want to be treated as a bride. She is more stud than anything, so this was a perfect choice for her. They treat her exactly how she wishes (just like one of the guys), so if your fiancee is wanting to be treated like a bride, just be prepared that NOT all Men's Warehouse will treat you like a girl--but they are very respectful. Also, I believe that David's Bridal sells women suits for weddings. Also check local wedding shops because they can probably custom make her a suit or even carry some for  "alternative" brides...
  • edited December 2011
    Any good suit can be great if you find a good tailor.  My wife got her suit altered at the bridal shop where I had my dress altered.  We both got the full bridal experience.
  • k@tk@t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee is having hers custom made.  I had my heart set on a big white dress, and once I decided on one, I sent pictures of the get-up to the tailor who will be designing hers.  We've elected not to allow the other to see our wedding clothes, so this has been a good way of ensuring we don't clash without shopping together.

Good luck!

-Kat
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is in the same spot! She's not super femme but she's definitely not butch.  She wants something she'll feel comfortable in like pants, but she wants to feel gorgeous and like a bride too.  We thought about the Men's Warehouse option that a wedding planner offered up when I bought my dress, but after talking, we found that it would still feel to "Men's ware" as Women's ware that high fashion does.  She wasn't comfortable with that.  Our solution was to try a few nicer stores like Banana Republic  and BCBG.  She ended up with a gorgeous Banana Republic suit with a feminine silk top.  To make her really feel SEXY and GORGEOUS we got it tailored to fit her PERFECTLY.  We're both so happy and she looks like a goddess!!!
  • Lynnie1960Lynnie1960 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My gf will be wearing a suit. If she wore anything else, it would look like she was in drag! I have heard the same thing about Men's Wearhouse, so we'll start there as prices are reasonable and I have heard that they treat everyone well. Her best friend will also probably wear a suit or maybe a less masculine pants suit.
  • edited December 2011
    I want to wear a sexy suit too...Any suggesstions for me a 6"2 stemme (studly- femme) is appreciate. I am stud with sports, but very girly otherwise.  i dont want a mans suit, but a womens suit that caters to myathletic build.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards