Gay Weddings
Options

Venue in Raleigh?

Hey!

Can anyone suggest a good location for our lesbian wedding in Raleigh? We're open to lots of options but it would be nice to have an outdoors component...

Thanks for your help!
Katherine

Re: Venue in Raleigh?

• Options
    KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try King's Daughter Inn.  They are not outside but a nice B&B for smaller weddings.  We had them at first but our guest list grew past their capacity.  We are now at Carol's Garden Inn which will be an outside wedding/ reception.  They already have spots to choose from to have the cermeony and an area for the reception with a pavillion.  We have to get our own tables and chairs but no biggie for us (I hope).  Now that I think about it both of these places are in Durham if you are open to looking there.  When is your wedding day?  I was ify about running into closed mind people but try posting to the NC and/or Raleigh/ Durham boards and see what you get.  I kept running into the issue of a lot of thing being booked already.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try posting this on the NC local board too since this is an international board and not many posters here are in that area. The local boards are a great resource for vendor/venue recommendations.

Happy planning!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, thank you SO much for the recommendations! I will totally check them both out - ?Carol's Garden Inn looks like it might be perfection!

Many, many thanks and congratulations to you!
    Katherine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Posting to the NC board is a fabulous idea! Many thanks for that one - and many congratulations on your upcoming wedding - it's getting so close!

Katherine
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_venue-raleigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:07caad84-6db1-4b0f-bbba-b228176301a1Post:57780f92-4d4f-4764-8fe7-6819dcb69931">Re: Venue in Raleigh?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Posting to the NC board is a fabulous idea! Many thanks for that one - and many congratulations on your upcoming wedding - it's getting so close! Katherine
    Posted by katherineandangelia[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I know, just a couple more weeks. I'm maintaining relative normalcy so far, we'll see if I can keep it up lol.

Photobucket
  • Options
    nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you think of the Marriot in Raliegh. My friends just got married there in March and it was beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh awesome! Thanks so much, Nick! I'll check it out!

Katherine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards