Gay Weddings

Gay-Friendly Honeymoon in the Caribbean?? Is there such a thing?

My fiancee and I are in the later stages of planning our September 2009 wedding/civil union in NJ, and are ready for the most fun part -- booking a honeymoon!  We would like to do an all-inclusive resort, preferably one geared towards couples or at least adults in the Caribbean.  I've read through all the gay.com, planetout, etc. sites...but we're hoping someone might have personal experience or knowledge of some of the more tolerant islands or resorts, or at least those we should stay away from.  We've been looking closely at Sandals in St. Lucia, and while their official position is that everyone is welcome, we have some concerns that it might not be genuine.Anyone have any advice on  a good place for two honeymooning women to enjoy the caribbean beaches?????

Re: Gay-Friendly Honeymoon in the Caribbean?? Is there such a thing?

• kembleykembley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wife and I just returned from Aventura Spa Palace in Riviera Maya....PERFECT!! Adults only....no one (at least openly) disapproved of our lifestyle....we were treated like any other couple there. Hope this helps.
  • OURLOVE14OURLOVE14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently spoke with a Liberty Travel Consultant and he recommended Aruba, St. Martin, Barbados, Bermuda, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, St. Barths, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, US Virgin Islands, Cancun and Maui are all Gay-Friendly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards