Gay Weddings

"Shower" Invites

Hi all!  I'm MOH for my best friend's committment ceremony in October (Azul Beach in the Riviera Maya for those looking for a venue rec) and I'm working on the invites for their shower.  Both ladies don't want this to be considered a traditional "shower" although it essentially is. = )  Does anyone have an suggestions or examples of some wording that I could use?TIA!Jen
Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "Shower" Invites

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are people expected to bring presents?  Will the main entertainment be opening the presents?  Is it women-only?  Using the word "shower" is typically a clue for guests that this is what is happening.  If it is not this type of party, you could use "engagement party" or "bachelorette party."  Or just something generic like, "prewedding party."
  • edited December 2011
    It's a co-ed party, they are registered and part of the afternoon will focus on gifts.  This is mostly for the older crowd since some guests will be joining us that night for dinner and drinks for their bachelorette party.  Effectively I have 2 sets of invites to send out.  Saw some really cute ideas on outvites.com that I may use for inspiration.   
    Yorkie Jenga

• sharrin1sharrin1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Our shower was a joint shower and for the most part traditional (the day of Pride in Houston!). My best friend organized the event and designed the invitations: Please Join Us For a Bridal Shower in Honor of Scarlett Flores & Shannon Harrington Information on the venue...time, etc followed. Before sending the formal invitations she sent an evite; explained the set up and honehoneymoon related guifts. Good luck with everything! ~Shannon
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen coed showers referred to as "Jack and Jill parties" on other forums.  Maybe this one could be a "Jill and Jill party"?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions! 
    Yorkie Jenga

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards