Gay Weddings

Catholic and Gay

Hi everyone, I'm just under a year away from our proposed date. I was wondering if anyone is Catholic or religious and if they have contacted any clergy or ex-clergy if your Catholic, to officiate. We're having the wedding in Chicago, so if you're from here, it would be even better, but any suggestions on a religious, but not overly, ceremony? Thanks, Brianna

Re: Catholic and Gay

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check out the [url=http://www.dignityusa.org/couples]Dignity USA site[/url].  They are a specifically Catholic gay organization, and may be able to help you locate a priest or ex-priest willing to help.
  • sdsu4eversdsu4ever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Brianna - my partner's family is Catholic and having a Catholic wedding is important for our wedding.  After lots of research we did find a sect of Catholism that would work - Old Catholic.  Old Catholic officiants can marry same-sex couples and they are not required to have the service in a Catholic Church.  A web-site with more information is www.oldcatholic.org. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!  ~Becky
  • philo12philo12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Brianna, My partner and I were both raised Catholic and also wanted to have some element of the faith we were raised on to be included in our ceremony.  Believe it or not, we found an ex-Catholic preist on rentapreist.com to officiate our celebration planned for next year.  Best of luck to you.P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards