Gay Weddings

Las Vegas Wedding

My partner and I are getting married Oct. 2, 2010 and we are looking for a ceremony/reception venue. We are trying to stay away from the Las Vegas strip because we don't want a "Vegas Wedding". Anyone have any ideas of a unique and nice venue?

Re: Las Vegas Wedding

• edited December 2011
    You could always look on the Las Vegas Board.  Most are getting married on the strip though.  I am getting married at a place called the Grove.  I accidently clicked on this board and saw las vegas (vegas is home for me) Tell me more of what you are looking for and maybe i will be able to help! http://www.the-grove.com/
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The venues on the strip are gorgeous and you don't have to have a Vegas wedding unless that is what you want - the location doesn't necessarily dictate that.  There is a link in my siggy to the Vegas FAQ and Vegas knottie bios which you can use for ideas and inspiration.  There are lots of great places to choose from, both on and off the strip! 
  • mattmikemattmike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input! I ended up emailing nearly every venue I could think of for their prices.... some of these venues charge outrageous prices. I think we are going to have our wedding at Mt. Charleston resort... their cost if very affordable and they have a beautiful mountain setting!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I was just up there a few weeks ago and it is beautiful! Not like anything in vegas!!! Saw a wedding while I was up there it was beautiful! Congrats they are great people to work with!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards