Gay Weddings
Options

Male/Female Attendants

Hi everyone-For those of you that had both female and male attendants, did you try to balance the number of male and females for each of the grooms/brides?  I am thinking of 2 men and 2 women to be my attendants, but my partner is thinking of 4 women.  I am afraid it will look very unbalanced.  Thoughts?Thanks!Bill

Re: Male/Female Attendants

• Options
    Stiney358Stiney358 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nah I think it'll be fine. At my sister's wedding her husband had 4 guys and she had 3 girls and a guy. We planned on having 1 person for each of us, my sister for me and my partner's best male friend. Then I screw it up by wanting to include my brother on my side so now she's wondering if she should have another person or not. Now THAT would be unbalanced. ;)
  • Options
    pdeannawpdeannaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it will look weird at all. My partner has 5 girls (they are all basically her sisters) and I have 4 girls and one guy. We are planning on not having the wedding party slow dance so it works out fine.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you have to have an even number of each, especially if you have the same number of attendants on each side, it will look great.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say don't give it a second thought.  I have a best man and 3 bridesmaids, and my partner has 3 female attendants... no rules!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else. We have 3 on each side. I have 2 women and 1 man, she has 3 women. We struggled with the same thing originally.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tiger- my date is also 10-10! but not until next year... sigh

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You never need to have a gender-balanced wp.  And it's particularly silly to worry about it when the bridal couple is not gender-balanced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards