Gay Weddings

MOH in sister's wedding

Hey everyone! My sister just got engaged to her fiance and asked me to be her MOH. I want to throw them a bachelorette party along with her fiance's little sister (her MOH), but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I host a separate one for my sis, or should we join them together and just have one big bachelorette party for both brides?

Another piece of information that might be relevant is that they plan on coming to MA (where I live) to get married, although they live in CA.

Any input is appreciated!

Re: MOH in sister's wedding

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might talk to her about what she would prefer.   Even among straight couples, some elect to combine the bachelor and bachelorette parties, while some have separate parties.  It's a matter of personal preference for LGBTQ couples, as well.

FWIW, our bachelorette parties were both joint. 
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately ask her, my FI and I are still on the fence about joint versus seperate parties and have yet to decide. I'm leaning more towards seperate, she's leaning more towards joint I think. Just ask so you can ensure they get exactly what they want :)

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am still decided what we want to do also.  I am sure it is a personal preference, but what have some other couples done? 
  • deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended one where it started out seperate but towards the end of the night we all met up.  It worked out really really well and everyone had a blast.  Maybe you could make that work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards