Gay Weddings

Photographers discounting for gay events?

We had a couple of photographers offering discounted prices because we are the first gay event they have ever done?  This happening to anyone else?

Re: Photographers discounting for gay events?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It happened to us.  Our photographer is in Massachusetts, and was just breaking into the wedding business.  He wanted to put some of our photos on his website to let people know that he was open to same-sex weddings.  And he gave us an unbelievable deal on the photos.
  • chadandmattchadandmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your photographer?  We are also getting married in Mass.  
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was Bill Bray of Portrait New England.  I don't know that he'd be up to giving a special deal for a gay couple at this stage, since he now has pictures of us up at his site.  However, if you are considering him and would like to see our photos, you can contact us via the form at this link.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a recent Boston area bride, and my wife also happens to be a photographer. Honestly I find it a little strange that a photographer would give a discount just because it is a same-sex wedding. (On the other hand - a new photographer who wants to build his/her portfolio might have a discount) Same-sex weddings have become so 'normalized' now in MA - many of us in the industry don't even think of weddings any more as same-sex or straight. They are all just weddings - period. 

All that being said, I can't speak for everyone and to each their own! Ultimately you want to hire a photographer whose work you LOVE and with whom you totally click. The photographs are the way you will have memories to share and enjoy for many years to come.

P.S. it is worth checking out So You're Engayged:  http://www.soyoureengayged.com/

Have fun and good luck!
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second checking out Soyourengayged.com
    I have been a part of their vendor community for a while now and it is truely a great resource.
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer is giving us a deal too!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards