Gay Weddings
Options

Our wedding venue went out of buisness, HELP!

Our wedding date is set for early September, and this week we found out that our wedding venue closed its doors last week. Its hard enough to find a venue that is ok with a same sex couple, but also something that is available on our date (09-10-11). We're not looking for anything traditional (ie banquet halls, country club), and we would love something with outdoor space.
We live in Northern California, and were open to Palm Springs, San Diego, Santa Barbara, etc.

THANKS!

Re: Our wedding venue went out of buisness, HELP!

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would strongly suggest checking with your local board.  Most of the people here are not from your area, and won't have local suggestions.  If you get suggestions of good places from your local board, you can always call and find out how open they are to same-sex couples.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also in northern ca, and there are tons of options.  I did a ton of research before I settle on my venue, so I can help.  Are there any things in particular you are looking for (feel, type, view, etc)?  What about number of people?  There are many options, rent a house, a bed and breakfast, historic site, park, theater, the list could go on for a long while!  Like I said, I'm willing to help you think of ideas!  We can continue the convo here or you can email me directly at alara17 at sbcglobal dot net
  • Options
    Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are from WA, but I just want to say how sorry I am and I wish you both good luck on the surch for your new venue.

~fabi~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks, but definitely post on your local board, I'm sure the ladies there can be of more help. My local knotties are amazingly helpful - good luck!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the local LGBTQ community for referrals. Here in Rochester, we have a listing of LGBTQ friendly businesses...it's called "Out and About."

Many blessings to both of you as your next chapter begins.

"I'm a big ol' hag...you got something wrong with that?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards