Gay Weddings
Options

same sex venues in indianapolis and honeymoon ideas

Hello all.....

We are planning a wedding for the summer of 2012 and looking for some venues in indianapolis that will allow same sex weddings and receptions and gay friendly hotels.

Also, any ideas on good honeymoon spots? We want to make sure we are somewhere gay friendly... definately a beach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Re: same sex venues in indianapolis and honeymoon ideas

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, this is an international board, and you're not likely to run into a lot of people who know about Indianapolis here.  You might want to check your local board for good venues, and then call them to ask whether they would have an issue with a same-sex ceremony.  Especially in states without legal same-sex marriage, many venues may never have been asked the question before--but may be quite open if you ask.  And of course, if they are hostile, you don't book them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wife and I had a fabulous honeymoon in Miami, but I know other gay couples who had great trips to Mexico and Aruba. Aruba specifically is quite gay-friendly. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Illinois just legalized civil unions today!!!  I am sure Chgo area has many gay friendly venues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're from Indianapolis too.  Finding a venue is pretty easy.  We researched many hotels at first because we were going to have a lot of out of town guests.  One place I can give you as far as a hotel venue is the Holiday Inn on Michigan Rd.  It may look like a normal hotel outside, but once inside it has a truly Italian feel and a beautiful staircase for pictures.  You should check it out. They are also very decent priced as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards