Gay Weddings

Welcome to the Gay Wedding board!

Re: Welcome to the Gay Wedding board!

• edited December 2011
    Hello, my girlfriend and I are planning a ceremony for 06-17-2011.  We are doing all the planning ourselves and truest this is very stressful. We cannot decide between destination, ull weddingceremony, and cruise wedding.  Nothing.  Any advice is well appreciated
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, my fiance and I plan on getting married in our hometown of Columbus, Ohio (not a legal ceremony, but binding none-the-less) on 10-7-11.

We've just started planning, but I am already stressing about locating and securing a venue within budget!  I hope all is well for everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

I'm very excited about all of your upcoming weddings. Congratulations to all of you. My fiance (girlfriend) and I are planning to get married sometime in Octomber of 2014. It seems like such a long way away, but we are both still in college and we agreed to finish that first before getting married. I'm excited as I'm sure all of you are for your own wedding!

I do have one thing to put out there about my wedding. If my dad does not approve of my relationship with my girlfriend, but I really want him to walk me down the isle what should I do?
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everyone! My lady and I are getting married on 6-8-2012. I know it's over a year and a half away but we wanted to start planning early. We're actually doing pretty well according to our checklist here. :) It is great to meet all of you! Just a quick question... we are having a rainbow themed wedding but we refuse to have it be tacky. Any ideas to share? THANKS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eelankeseelankes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello my partner and I are getting hitched 10/08/11 in North Carolina. It will not be legal however we intend to travel to MA to make things official as well. There is so much to do!!!
  • eelankeseelankes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That decision is going to be based on what state you live in, who you want to attend, and acceptance... We chose to go with a gay friendly area in NC that would still not be too much travel for guests.

• edited December 2011
    Hi! My girlfriend of three years(Amanda) and I (Vanessa) just got engaged a few days ago!  We are located in Columbus, Ohio and we've got nothing planned yet, not even a date. But we're looking forward to getting started very shortly!
  • edited December 2011
    My partner & I have been together for 5 years, she finally proposed last week :) We have to have the ceremony & the reception all in DC. I really want it to be outside, close to the water. Does ANYONE have any suggestions? 

I feel helpless & I will not pay for a wedding planner. at all... 
  • edited December 2011
    Where in DC are you getting married? I am having problems with finding a venue that I truly like.. that isn't an OLD hotel... Any suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

I'm Tammy, my partner and I haven't set a date, but will tie the knot by 2012! We live in Nothern, Virginia. So we are considering getting married in DC.  I founded Say I Do! LGBT Wedding Expos and Events to help find gay-friendly vendors for our wedding as well.  I do blog my wedding planning adventures here: http://sayidolgbt.blogspot.com.

Congrats to all the couples!

Tammy
  • peo820peo820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'M rev. rosie who has the honor to perform  English, Spanish and bilingual wedding ceremonies for people of all backgrounds and beliefs, "bringing a spirit of magic and joy to my couples special day".  Call me if you want to talk about your special event. (909) 860.5572 Rosie
  • peo820peo820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations I hope that your ceremony was an unforgettable event.

Rev. Rosie
  • peo820peo820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a beach ceremony? with ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS?  I had several weddings and my couples love the memories. Good luck
    Rev. Rosie 
  • peo820peo820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, but perhaps by the time of your wedding CALIFORNIA, will be one of the states that you can make it legal.

I have officiate several weddings and the most important part of the ceremony is that two people love each other.

Good luck and have fun with the preparations.

Rev. Rosie
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!  My fiance and I are tying 'the knot' on August 6th, 2011 in Scituate, MA.  We are blessed to both be from here where it is legal to get married!  We have been together for 6 years this September and are super excited for our nuptuils!  I am happy to see so many wonderful people on here who have found the one that they love and want to be with for life!  Its refreshing!  Good luck to everyone, and if anyone has any suggestions for me in the MA area, they are more than welcome!
    Best,
    Jessie
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone,

My partner & I recently got engaged & I'm excited to start planning. The date has been set...11/11/11. I know that's going to be a popular date, so the next step is finding the PERFECT venue. We live in So Cal so hopefully finding an AFFORDABLE venue won't be an issue. Unfortunately, same sex marriages are not legal yet, but with our fingers crossed, we know anything is possible. I really don't want to think about it not being legal by our wedding date, but if that situation shall arise, DC...here we come!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancee, Sarah, and I are getting married in January of 2012.  We are planning on getting the legal paperwork in Iowa but live in Illinois.  Then we'll have a ceremony in Illinois.  Even have a wonderful gay minister we love!  I hope all gay marriage laws get passed in all 50 states, but until then...we're going to act like it's already legal :)  
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance, Robin, and I are planning an 10/11/12 wedding. We hoping by then that it will be legal in Maine. If not, we'll go to another New England state where it is legal (not sure which one yet) and have the reception back here in Maine. If there are any New Englanders that have any suggestions for us, please reply!  Smile
    ~Kat
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All,  My name is Steve and my Fiance and I are getting married in May of 2011 in Brooklyn, NY.  Very excited about the whole process.  We have a planner and she is awesome.  We will be going to CT to legalize everything around that same time.
    Steve
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello Ladies & Gents,

My fiancee and I are planning our wedding for this coming Spring 2011. We're actively looking at venues right now and hope to set the date very VERY soon. We're having our ceremony and reception in NJ, where only Civil Unions are legal. We refuse to call our event anything but a wedding for our marriage as we are going to be wife and wife, laws be damned :) Hopefully soon NJ will realize the Civil Unions aren't working and then we'll get to "upgrade" our license at that time!  I'm slowly realizing how insanely stressful this experience is going to be and will probably be grey by this time next year ;)

Happy planning and a lifetime of love and joy to you all!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everybody,

My partner & I live  in ND where same sex marriage is also not legal! We have been together for 10months but know deep in our hearts that we want to spend our lives joined as one! We are planning a Nov. 2011 wedding but havent decieded just where.I have read in other comments we too would love to have our family & friends with us to take part in our special day so it has been a chore trying to make it easy on everybodys checkbooks! LOL!  Im pretty much a girly girl & my partner is a jeans & hat person so we to have been having issues on what she will wear! If anybody has any ideas on places to get married or on what she should wear I would greatly appreciate the input!
    In Heaven
  • edited December 2011
    Hello All,

My partner and I have been together for a little less than a year and we are getting married on June 2, 2012. We reside in Philadelphia, PA. Any and all suggestions, ideas are very much needed. Thanks in advance.
    Ms. & Mrs. Brown-Briscoe
  • sueandmistysueandmisty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! (at least its morning here in Chicago!) My love and I are getting married August 21, 2010. We first met 16 years ago. Life intervened and we went our separate ways. We then "met again" at church, of all places! (we belong to a Unitarian Universalist church in the burbs.) We have chosen to have a UU ceremony outdoors next summer. While it won't be "legal", what's important to us is making a lifelong commitment to each other and sharing our happiness with our friends and family. We can't wait! I am taking on more of the research, but we are doing all the planning together. I love seeing my girl get to share the excitement of being a bride!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello my name is LaSonja. Me and my partner Ivey are looking to for venue here in Georgia to have our ceremony. Anyone have any ideas?
  • 2loveequal2loveequal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for a place in Dallas that will do ceremonys or weddings. if you find something let me know. You can email me at mjlytte@gmail.com. I did find a minister
  • 2loveequal2loveequal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone, my fiance and I are planning on wedding in May or April haven't quite picked out the day yet. We where planning on having a ceremony in Las vegas. There are a few places in Vegas that do same sex ceremony's. If anyone knows of any places in DFW,Tx let me know please.
  • chicagogirl6chicagogirl6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My partner Michelle and I (I'm Lili) just got engaged 2 weeks ago and we're already in full planning mode. we've set a date of 9/10/11 and are getting married on a private charter boat in Chicago. we'll technically, we're doing the legal part in Iowa, but the reception will be in Chicago.  Ceremony, reception, dinner, dancing on a boat out on Lake Michigan with the Chicago skyline as the background!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey y'all, I'm Madeline from the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm engaged to the love of my life and partner in crime. We're getting married because we feel like our love and our bond goes beyond just "girlfriends". We're both better versions of ourselves when we are around each other and we both think that the other one is out of our league.

We haven't decided any roles for wedding planning, but in our relationship my fiance is usually the dreamer with big ideas and I'm usually the more cautious one.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all,  my partner and I are getting married on 10-7-11 in NJ where I am from.  We will be living in Vermont so will probably do a legal marriage up there after the church ceremony and reception. 
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Mary and my fiancee Maureen and I have just started planning our wedding for Noevmerb 2012.  We will be doing a ceremony of some sort and a big reception here in Buffalo, NY where we are from and where we live.  We are not sure yet where our legal marriage will take place.  We are open to any and all advice about locations and vendors in the Buffalo Area. 

Thanks, and congrats to all the other happy couples out there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards