Gay Weddings

Welcome to the Gay Wedding board!

12346»

Re: Welcome to the Gay Wedding board!

• I could say that same sex marriage is a matter of the states, and the unions stay unrecognized on a federal level. This means that, although gay couples may derive some marriage-related tax breaks on the state level, they will not on the subject of their federal income tax. However, the "second parent adoption credit" actually gives an advantage to gay married couples over heterosexual ones. Resource for this article: Personal Advice
  • Hi I'm Nikki and got engaged to my fiancée a few months ago. We live in NJ and are wrestling with the "get paper married in NYC but do the ceremony/reception in NJ" dilemma. I don't live far from NYC, but we have friends and family who live closer to PA, so getting them all there is tough (especially for the older folks) plus doing the whole shebang in NYC is crazy expensive. I may post separately about this but I have questions for those of you who did the paper wedding in a legal state and then the ceremony in your home state. Glad to have found this message board. -Nikki
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards