Gay Weddings
Options

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace

We just booked our venue yesterday - The Beachmoor in Buzzards Bay, MA!  Can anyone recommend any female, lesbian-friendly ceremony officiants in Eastern Mass.?

Re: Massachusetts Justice of the Peace

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, lesbian-friendly isn't that hard in MA.  They have had same-sex marriage for so long that most people seem to take it for granted.

Unfortunately, our officiant was male and a rabbi, so he would not work for you.  However, if you get stuck, MA is one of the states that allows you to appoint anyone as a one-day officiant.  So you could use a friend or family member, if there is someone you would feel comfortable with in that capacity.
  • Options
    SmollenLoveSmollenLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks! We're finding no shortage of JoPs, just looking for a recommendation from within the community. Not worried about them being gay-friendly, we've lived in Boston for years, but I guess we prefer one with same-sex wedding experience. I appreciate your suggestions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking I liked to find the JP's website and then look for photos from weddings they have done.  There are so many photos on the sites of gay couples!  In the end, we went with a woman with a great recommendation who does not have a website, and who is from Western MA.  

Did you find the JOP website with all of them listed?  That is where I started and searched for the people within 20 miles of us.  

Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your venue! 

We are using Claire Watts as our JP.  She comes recommended, is based out of Wellfleet and will travel: www.capejp.com

-Maggie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend either Cindy Matchett (http://www.meaningfulweddings.com/) or Janet Benzan Duval (sorry, I don't have her contact info, but you can find out more via 14 Stories: http://www.14stories.com/jp.htm)...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards