Gay Weddings

I just want to cry

I just need a shoulder tonight. I just got the Riot  Act from my fiancee over the stupid Knot website. She is beyond private and flipped out when I told her I did it. Yes I knew this about her before hand, but never knew it was this bad. It was always like "I don't share my life on fb". I feel this is different because it's our wedding plus her name isn't even on here! Now she's going back to work and I'm just stuck here crying. Also, I'm not the only one who wanted the info. HER family & my friends are wanting details so I set it up with all of the password protections and the option to not search it. :(

Thanks for listening
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I just want to cry

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_i-just-want-to-cry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:57c7a447-06dd-4b65-a2d4-13bfe29ec6e8Post:b9b0cb6f-a62c-498f-8cb1-52820522581b">I just want to cry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just need a shoulder tonight. I just got the Riot  Act from my fiancee over the stupid Knot website. She is beyond private and flipped out when I told her I did it. Yes I knew this about her before hand, but never knew it was this bad. It was always like "I don't share my life on fb". I feel this is different because it's our wedding plus her name isn't even on here! Now she's going back to work and I'm just stuck here crying. Also, I'm not the only one who wanted the info. HER family & my friends are wanting details so I set it up with all of the password protections and the option to not search it. :( Thanks for listening
    Posted by lovelybride614[/QUOTE]

I'm sorryou are fighting over this.  If you knew she is a very private person, I'm not sure why you didn't run the website by her before you did it.    It's one thing for you to create your screen name here and get ideas and information about planning your wedding.  But, when you create a website, even if it is password protected, someone has an electronic footprint out there.

I'm sorry you are going through this together... but, I would recommend deleting the website and spread information to yuu partner's family by word of mouth.
  • I guess I was just hoping she would make an . I should have known better. I did delete it. It's just rough because even though I'm not  screaming that I'm out, I still don't want to hide.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_i-just-want-to-cry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:57c7a447-06dd-4b65-a2d4-13bfe29ec6e8Post:4b60c37b-5f85-4ace-b519-c5ef34232621">Re: I just want to cry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I was just hoping she would make an . I should have known better. I did delete it. It's just rough because even though I'm not  screaming that I'm out, I still don't want to hide.
    Posted by lovelybride614[/QUOTE]

I totally hear you.  I don't want to burst your bubble further, but honestly, this is probably a bigger issue than just the wedding stuff.  If you are more "out" than she is, and she isn't interested in coming further out, then you are going to have this problem quite often.
  • A lot of it is her current job and the city we live in. She is NOT protected at all. We know we will have to move in the next couple of years to escape the area. Our state is going to ballot next year (hopefully) but our city is too conservative
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I totally know how you feel. My gf is sooo private and all i want to do is scream from the top of my lungs that i love her and so what. But not a peep. Her job and our church family have no clue. Its so hard and im not used to this but i am adapting. Remember love is a choice and we choose to love our partners for better or worst. I love her to much but i understand where your coming from. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards