Gay Weddings

New to the site

Hi, I have a general question about this site. I put in all of mine and my fiancée info and on my wedding planning clipboard there is still a bride and groom slot.... with a place for the groom stuff to be pinned up.  I don't need that...lol... we are two brides, I need two bride pages.  Is this site not completely LGBT friendly or did i do something wrong? \
Thank you, 
Amy

Re: New to the site

• You didn't do anything wrong. Unfortunately, the site doesn't technologically accommodate same sex couples. It is lgbt friendly and for the most part, I have had amazingly inclusive responses from the people on the boards. But the website itself could use some improvement. Congrats and welcome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_new-to-the-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:5ff86185-4714-4906-a300-f5c44d5b5e1fPost:ec92923d-fd99-453f-8638-5b4b70cda03e">Re:New to the site</a>:
    [QUOTE]You didn't do anything wrong. Unfortunately, the site doesn't technologically accommodate same sex couples. It is lgbt friendly and for the most part, I have had amazingly inclusive responses from the people on the boards. But the website itself could use some improvement. Congrats and welcome!
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! We are so excited. And thank you  for responding back... I was hoping I had hit a wrong button or something. That just makes my morning a little sad. You would think a big wedding site like this would accommodate us better. Anyhow, guess I will stick to the boards and just browse around for ideas. </div>
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_new-to-the-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:5ff86185-4714-4906-a300-f5c44d5b5e1fPost:50c256e4-4bbe-44b1-bafd-73b738ee9d46">Re:New to the site</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:New to the site : Thank you! We are so excited. And thank you  for responding back... I was hoping I had hit a wrong button or something. That just makes my morning a little sad. You would think a big wedding site like this would accommodate us better. Anyhow, guess I will stick to the boards and just browse around for ideas. 
    Posted by amycrystalwed[/QUOTE]

Stick around for sure.  All of the boards are very friendly to same sex couples, and for the most part, the ideas and specifics are the same regardless of the gender of the couple.  A card box, catering, DJ, etc. won't care if both people have vaginas.  ;)
  • I thought the forced reference to "groom" was super awkward too.  But please stick around anyway!  This website could stand to be a little gay-er. Welcome :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  Welcome to the website and congrats on your engagement! I'm just wondering if same-sex marriage is legal in your state or are you planning a commitment ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another great resource more dedicated to the LGBT population is gayweddings.com, unfortunately, from what my friends tell me, it doesn't get as much traffic as TK so you are better off asking us questions here. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards