Gay Weddings
Options

Newly Engaged!!!! Yay!!!

Hi, my name is Jen and my partners name is Jessi

She just proposed to me on Wednesday night!  I'm so thrilled and we are so excited to start plannign our wedding.  I'm glad to see that The Knot has a gay community on here.

jenjessi812
***JenJessi1812***

Re: Newly Engaged!!!! Yay!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! My fiance and I have been engaged 2 months and we have barely started planning!

Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  :~)

We were engaged on 06 December, so I am still feeling some of that holy-crap-this-is-real buzz.  It is probably one of the best feelings in the world!

The folks on this board are pretty wonderful.  I've not seen any trolls and everyone is very helpful. 

Hope to see you around,
    Melissa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Options
    jodcoffeejodcoffee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I've been engaged for over a year and I STILL get butterflies!  Although they may be because our wedding is in SEVEN months! AHHHHHHHHHH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    llucas45llucas45 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I was proposed to in Minneapolis in Septemeber, while on a get away weekend.  I am as excited today about getting married as the day she proposed to me.  This is a great site for ideas.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all! My love asked me to marry her back in November. I was COMPLETELY shocked!! I asked her a month later and SHE was surprised! I don't know where to start, but I'm already picking colors, themes, etc. 

I wish it was easier to get "married". I want it to be legal, but unfortunately, I live in Michigan...

Here's our idea: At the wedding we are going to sign paperwork giving each other power of attorney and such. 

I can't wait to make her my wife. The first thing I'm going to do after the honeymoon? Change my name. They won't stop me from doing that!!
    Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  NotFroofy and I have been married for over a year now.  But I still have a lot of times of thinking it is totally amazing that we were actually able to get married after all those years together.
  • Options
    AmiDeniseAmiDenise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrat's! Our wedding is 2 months from today and I'm even more excited about it than I was when she proposed!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!!  Happy Planning :)
    I also didn't know that the knot had a gay friendly site, I was so excited I feel like I'm on this everyday lol it gets addicting
    ~Fabi~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mandageexmandageex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww yay! congratulations! my partner, Misty proposed to me on New Years! :) it's such a great feeling, but we both don't have a clue on how to plan this wedding! we just want it to be so special!!Smile
  • Options
    rdwilson91rdwilson91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so great. I asked my boyfriend to marry me in October, one year from the day we met, and we'll be married that same day next year. We're planning a wedding in Boston with a local (Texas.....) reception. He'll change his name and we'll sign over power of attorney, and get started on surrogates!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It's an amazing feeling isn't it?  We've been engaged for over a year and I'm still giddy about all of it.  I was also impressed that The Knot has same sex wedding ideas and other couples to talk to.  Have fun planning!
  • Options
    rachyloupierachyloupie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay congrats! I just joined this board...my lady proposed to me on Sat so its nice to see a gay community on here! Good luck with the planning! We are getting married in the Fall of 2012.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! My girlfriend and I just got engaged too. We're still very early into the planning stages, but wedding planning is a hobby of mine, so that helps a lot. If you want to trade tips, just let me know! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards